Trend Report: Open Educational Resources 2013
Author: Special Interest Group Open Educational Resources
Forward this SURF publication.
Fields marked with a * are required and must be filled in
The Trend Report: Open Educational Resources 2013 describes trends in open educational resources (OER) and open education in the Netherlands and elsewhere, from the perspective of Dutch higher education.
It comprises fifteen articles by Dutch experts in the field of open and online education. It also includes 15 short “Intermezzos” giving high-profile examples. The report is published by the Open Educational Resources Special Interest Group (SIG OER) supported by SURF.
Contents Trend Report: Open Educational Resources 2013
- Open textbooks: trends and opportunities
- OER and informal learning
- MOOCs: trends and opportunities for higher education
- Evaluation and certification of open educational resources
- Opening up education
- New role for libraries in content curation
- Mobile devices and apps as accelerators for OER
- Open buffet of higher education
- Trends In business models for open educational resources and open education
- An international perspective on OER: the influence of IGOs on the OER movement
- Learning paths and OER: trends and opportunities
- The Human factor in the adoption of OER: what determines readiness to share?
- Ecosystems for open education: trends and opportunities
- Learning analytics: the right content for the right student
- OER, open access and publishers: trends, opportunities, and threats
Download the report:
The Trend Report is also available in Dutch, in an online book environment, and as app: