Algemene voorwaarden SURFfilesenderDe algemene voorwaarden voor het gebruik van de dienst SURFfilesender zijn alleen in het Engels beschikbaar.
Highlights of the terms and conditions of SURFfilesender, version: October 15, 2013
The SURFfilesender service is designed solely as a short-term storage facility to enable the sending of large files, than those supported by typical e-mail clients and servers, between authorized named users, and is explicitly not designed as an archival or reliable storage or general unspecified public access service. The SURFfilesender service is not backed up, nor are files stored in any redundant fashion. Users should never assume that a file placed on this server is the archival or reliable or sole copy of that file.
You agree that you will not:
- Use the service to breach or violate any confidentiality obligations or privacy requirements, including, without limitation, by collecting or harvesting confidential information.
- Use the service to misappropriate or violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, using the service to store, send, or make available materials protected by intellectual property rights of third parties without the permission of the owner of the intellectual property rights, unless otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- Damage, disrupt, interfere with, diminish, or render the service inaccessible or unusable, or attempt to do so, or encourage or assist others to do so.
- Initiate a denial of service attack from or against the service or release a virus, trojan horse, worms or other malware or spyware from or against the service.
- Use the service to engage in fraudulent activity.
- Use the service to perpetrate a hoax or engage in phishing schemes or forgery or other similar falsification or manipulation of data.
- Use the service to abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others. Use the service to libel or defame others.
- Use the service to store, host, view or distribute child pornography.
The use of the service to store and send files that violate copyright or other intellectual property laws or statutes is explicitly prohibited, and use for any other criminal or illegal purpose is also strictly prohibited. SURFnet reserves the right to examine the contents of files placed on the service in order to respond to what it believes are legitimate claims of violation of intellectual property, child pornography or other statutes. Where SURFnet believes that contents may violate other criminal statutes, it may contact appropriate law enforcement officials as it deems appropriate and necessary and provide them with access to the files in question.
All files placed on the SURFfilesender service will be deleted without further notice and without exception after the period you choose when sending a file has elapsed, whether or not they have been successfully retrieved by intended recipient(s).