SURF aims to help the Netherlands retain its leading position in the field of ICT through collaboration. To this end, SURF and its operating companies collaborate at both national and international level. At national level, SURF participates in or supports ICT-related collaborations by Dutch education and research institutions.
Retaining the Netherlands' leading position in the field of ICT
SURF invests heavily in the expansion and maintenance of its network of higher education partner organisations, both within the Netherlands and at international level. SURF aims to help the Netherlands retain its leading position in the field of ICT through collaboration. A good example of such a collaboration is The Digital Infrastructure Association (DINL).
SURF's collaboration with national alliances
SURF participates in and/or supports various national alliances:
- Kennisnet: expertise centre specialising in the application of ICT in education
- 3TU: alliance between SURF and 3 universities of technology focusing on architecture and standards
- SCIPR: national consultative body for information security professionals in the higher education sector
- COMIT: information exchange forum for and by IT managers at higher professional education institutions
- CvDUR: the network of directors of Dutch university computing centres.
- KAAIWO: informal consultative body for research university staff charged with administrative information provision services.
- DINL: The Digital Infrastructure Association (DINL)