Vacancy Site reliability engineer
We are looking for a Site reliability engineer (SRE) for our internal cloud-infrastructure.
|academic/vocational level||Amsterdam||38-40 hrs|
The infrastructure will soon reach production status, and will host a multitude of services for our scientific end users. It is therefore of crucial importance that the underlying cloud-infrastructure will be managed in a structured and organized way, minimizing the impact of maintenances and other incidents. For this purpose, we are building up a team of site reliability engineers, with the aim of continuous development, integration and automation of service components.
What does the position entail?
We seek to strengthen our SRE team with an OpenStack engineer. Your main task will be the continuous development and operations of our OpenStack infrastructure, aiming to optimize the environment in terms of usability, stability, security and service management. In addition, you will also have opportunities to apply your engineering skills within the user-oriented services running on top of the cloud-infrastructure.
Our mission is to make the world a better place, contributing to scientific progress and discovery. We do this by understanding the scientist’s problem and working together to overcome their challenges, either by the application of generic solutions (platforms and services) suitable for commonly occurring data-processing scenarios or co-developing specific solutions tailored for unique science cases.
What are we looking for?
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- A DevOps engineer familiar with OpenStack technology
- A very good understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- A good understanding of networking technologies like routing, VLAN, VXLAN, NAT
- Experience with storage technologies (preferably CEPH, SWIFT)
- Experience with automation and DevOps tools and methodologies (Ansible, Git)
- Experience with operational IT Service Management is an advantage
- The ability to focus on the customer, without losing sight of general service performance and stability
- Comfortable with working in a team, taking initiative and ownership of projects and tasks
- Good spoken and written command of Dutch and/or English
What we offer
A diverse and relaxed work environment, with many nationalities (working languages are English and Dutch).
- You will be appointed a full-time position, our contracts are based on 38-hours
- Salary ranking in VSNU-scale (University Regulations) level 10/11 (€ 2.640 – €4.852)
- 8% holiday allowance, a fixed year-end bonus of 8,3%
- 29 vacation days per year (based on a 38 hour work week)
- When working a 40-hour work week, due to 2 extra hours of work per week, the number of vacation days is extended by 12
- A compensation for travel expenses that covers commuting up to 45 kilometers one way
- Participation in the ABP pension fund, where approximately two thirds of the premium is paid by the employer
- Initially, the contract will be for a period of 1 year. We intend to follow-up with a permanent contract.
Send your motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about the position and application procedure, please contact the HR department, Kimberley Christ (senior recruiter): 020-8001300
- More information about working at SURFsara
- Employees about working at SURF
- More about the SURF-organization
- You must be able to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag/VOG) during your first month of employment.