Vacancy (sr.) Adviser/scientific programmer quantum computing
Do you want to work in a challenging and innovative environment? Would you like to contribute to new developments in quantum computing and quantum internet? If so, join the SURFsara team. We are looking for an adviser/scientific programmer quantum computing for the SURF Open Innovation Lab.
|academic level||Amsterdam||32-40 hrs|
What does the position entail?
Within the SURF Open Innovation Lab at SURFsara a number of innovation projects are done. These range from applications in the domain of smart energy to distributed big data platforms and quantum computing. Together with colleagues and interested user communities you will actively contribute to work on prototypes and Proof of Concept applications.
We are looking for an adviser/scientific programmer that supports the development of quantum internet simulations through High Performance Computing, i.e. performance optimization and scaling. This work will be done in close collaboration with QuTech, the advanced research center for quantum computing and quantum internet in Delft. Some of this work will be performed at QuTech in Delft.
Further, you will support the development of quantum applications in scientific computing in general, through support of advanced use cases in various scientific domains, e.g. in quantum chemistry.
SURFsara supports research and education through innovation, development, services and expertise in High Performance Computing, data processing and data services. The users of the National HPC infrastructure are mainly researchers at Dutch universities and research institutes. The needs of these users are distributed across 2 different systems: the national supercomputer Cartesius and the national compute cluster Lisa. Cartesius has currently almost 50,000 cores and 132 GPU's, with a total peak performance of 1.8 Pflop/s. Lisa currently consists of almost 8000 cores and GPU's.
You will work in the unit Compute Services.
What we are looking for
- An academic level of thinking and working (MSc/PhD level) in computer science, physics, chemistry, mathematics or related fields
- Scientific background in computational physics or computational quantum chemistry is highly preferred
- Strong interest in the application of quantum technology
- Knowledge about parallel computer architectures
- Parallel programming experience (MPI at the minimum, preferably also OpenMP)
- Programming experience (Fortran and/or C/C++ at the minimum)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. shell scripting, Python, Perl)
- Knowledge of (GP)GPU programming, CUDA, OpenCL and/or PGAS languages is preferred.
- UNIX/Linux knowledge
Your skills include the ability to focus on the customer, an independent manner, the ability to take initiative and work in a team, excellent interpersonal and communicative skills and a good spoken and written command of Dutch and/or English.
What we offer
A diverse work environment, with many nationalities (working languages are English and Dutch)
- You will be appointed a full-time position, our contracts are based on 38-hours
- Salary ranking in VSNU-scale (University Regulations) level 10/11 for consultants/advisors (€ 2.640 – €4.852), 11/12 voor senior consultants/advisors (€3.545 – €5.513)
- 8% holiday allowance, a fixed year-end bonus of 8,3%
- 29 vacation days per year (based on a 38 hour work week)
- When working a 40-hour work week, due to 2 extra hours of work per week, the number of vacation days is extended by 12
- A compensation for travel expenses that covers commuting up to 45 kilometers one way
- Participation in the ABP pension fund, where approximately two thirds of the premium is paid by the employer
- Initially, the contract will be for a period of 1 year.
Send your motivation letter and resume to email@example.com.
- For more information about the position and application procedure, please contact the HR department, Kimberley Christ – Senior Recruiter (020-8001300)
- More information about working at SURFsara
- Employees about working at SURF
- More about the SURF-organization
- You must be able to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag/VOG) during your first month of employment.