Vacancy Systems Integrator/Adviser
SURFsara is looking for a systems integrator who is enthusiastic about the latest technology in the fields of containers, automatic deployment and establishing innovative services for our end users in research and education. Interesting work in a dynamic working environment where the connection between science, ICT and society takes centre stage.
What does the function entail?
As a systems integrator you will be developing services that our end users in research and education can buy directly. You will contribute to developing a devops system with SURFsara, with automatic tests and deployment. You will use concrete requests from the research sector to customise existing software packages, making them able to run as a PaaS/SaaS service within a Kubernetes environment. For example, we are currently working on making the biomedical research tool Galaxy available. You may also be involved in preparing standard images for an IaaS environment. The challenge here is in being able to offer a range of automated services, making it potentially useful to a large group of users.
What will you do exactly?
As part of our HPC Cloud team you will:
- 'tie' various systems together to supply an integrated user experience;
- prepare software packages to run within Kubernetes or an IaaS environment;
- set up continuous deployment pipelines;
- provide access to in-demand software using standard containers or VM images;
- create programmes to link and provide access to APIs.
What we are asking
- You have a Bachelor's or a Master's in a technical discipline
- You are familiar with integration/deployment and with supporting tools
- You can use and understand the power of APIs
- You are curious about upcoming technologies; words like Docker and Kubernetes make your heart beat faster
- You have experience with a programming or scripting language, such as Python, and are able to master other languages
- You have technical knowledge of complex IT environments (primarily Linux) and tools
- You are service-oriented, solution-oriented and a team player
- Experience with service delivery/management is an advantage
What we offer
- A varied working environment with many nationalities (working language English or Dutch)
- Significant scope for tackling technical challenges
- Freedom to experiment and innovate with new technologies such as Kubernetes, Jupyter, Docker, OpenStack, Elasticsearch, Spark, cloud computing
- An open environment where contact with (potential) users is key
- An environment that values personal initiative
- Open and committed colleagues with a strong interest in new technology
Terms of employment
- Pay grade in VSNU scale 10/11 (maximum €4,691 gross per month for a 38-hour working week)
- 8.3% year-end bonus and 29 holiday days per year (based on 38-hour working week)
- For a 40-hour working week, the number of holiday days will increase by 12, to a total of 41 days, due to the extra two working hours per week.
- Reimbursement for commutes of up to 45 kilometres one-way
- ABP pension under which approximately two-thirds of the premium is paid by the employer
- One-year contract initially, becoming permanent with good performance
Send a cover letter and CV for the attention of Niek Bosch to sollicitaties[at]surfsara.nl. The deadline for applications is 18 March.
- For more information about the position, please contact Niek Bosch
- For more information about the recruitment procedure, please contact Ans Sullot
- They can both be reached on +31 (0)20 800 13 00 or at sollicitaties[at]surfsara.nl
- More about working at SURFsara
- Colleagues on working at SURF
- Candidates should be able to submit a certificate of good conduct (VOG) within the first month of employment.
Recruitment agencies should not respond to this vacancy.