Vacancy Technical (senior) consultant Distributed Systems/Big Data and Open Innovation Lab
The Scalable Data Analytics team at SURFsara is looking for a technical consultant (advisor) with both technical and good communication skills to help to explore, develop and deliver innovative solutions that will facilitate research in the Netherlands.
|Academic/vocational level||Amsterdam||38-40 hrs|
What does this position entail?
Within the SURF Open Innovation Lab (SOIL) a number of innovation projects are being set up. These range from applications in the domain of Smart Energy to distributed Big Data platforms and Internet of Things. Together with colleagues and interested user communities you will actively contribute to the results of these projects and work on prototypes and Proof of Concept applications.
What will you do?
You will work with knowledgeable colleagues in an open environment on state-of-the-art technology. You will develop prototypes, Proof of Concepts and present your ideas, plans and results to stakeholders and potential user communities. You will proactively involve interesting parties and individuals. You will suggest new directions for innovation and propose concrete plans for implementing new ideas.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for someone with excellent technical and communication skills. You have a keen interest in new technology and like to explore new areas of expertise, in relation to the current focus of SURFsara. Your Unix/Linux skills are excellent and you are familiar with at least 2 programming languages and the practice of software engineering.
We are looking for someone who has a strong affinity with science in a facilitating capacity. You have a good grasp of how data processing and computational systems can facilitate modern research and what kind of barriers have to be overcome. You like to assist and support academic research rather than doing research yourself. You like to present and explain your work to others and know how to explain concepts that are difficult to others. You know how to reach out to potential user groups and relevant communities.
What we offer
- A diverse work environment, with many nationalities (working languages are English and Dutch).
- You will be appointed a full-time position, our contracts are based on 38 hours.
- Salary ranking in VSNU-scale (University Regulations) level 10/11 for consultants/advisors (€ 2.640 – €4.852), 11/12 voor senior consultants/advisors (€3.545 – €5.513).
- 8% holiday allowance, a fixed year-end bonus of 8,3%.
- 29 vacation days per year (based on a 38 hour work week).
- When working a 40-hour work week, due to 2 extra hours of work per week, the number of vacation days is extended by 12.
- A compensation for travel expenses that covers commuting up to 45 kilometres one way.
- Participation in the ABP pension fund, where approximately two thirds of the premium is paid by the employer.
- Initially, the contract will be for a period of 1 year.
Send your motivation letter and resume to email@example.com.
- For more information about the position and application procedure, please contact the HR department, Kimberley Christ – Senior Recruiter (020-8001300)
- More information about working at SURFsara
- Employees about working at SURF
- More about the SURF-organization
- You must be able to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag/VOG) during your first month of employment.