Vacancy Technical project manager
Do you want to work in a challenging and innovative environment where the development of services is constantly evolving? If so, come and help expand the SURFsara teams. As a technical project manager, you will collaborate with your clients to provide professional management on projects at the cutting edge of business and IT.
|Academic/vocational level||Amsterdam||32-40 hrs|
We are looking for
An enthusiastic and motivated technical project manager with up-to-date domain knowledge in the area of both IT infrastructures and tooling and who has a thorough knowledge of project management. You will be able to demonstrate success as a technical project manager of complex IT projects that are innovative in nature. You are familiar with the academic world and you want to work on large-scale, cutting-edge and innovative activities.
- You achieve agreed project goals on time and within budget
- You are able to work with colleagues from other disciplines
- You have technical knowledge of complex IT environments (primarily Linux) and tools
- You contribute to the development of your project management expertise through rapid-cycle improvement
- You have a clear view of the status and path of your project, and you contribute proactively and effectively where necessary
- You display ownership, initiative and audacity
- You are service-oriented, solution-oriented and a team player
- You are open and proactive in communication, and transparent about what can and cannot be delivered
- You involve your stakeholders in your thinking and decision-making, and this gives you traction for the acceptance of your ideas.
You are looking for
An organisation that will challenge you to contribute to projects and advanced services for researchers from all academic disciplines, industry and SMEs.
You feel at home in an organisation that is the thought leader in the area of high-performance computing, cloud, large-scale data storage and data processing and in making academic data usable and shareable for research. Researchers rely on SURFsara's expertise for this.
- An academic level of working and thinking
- A can-do mentality, a results-oriented, practical, human and pragmatic attitude
- Technical skills: you know about or have an interest in high-performance computing, cloud and data management
- Experience with change processes and change management
- 5 years of recent experience as a project manager, of which at least 3 years in complex projects at the cutting edge of business and IT
- A Prince 2 or IPMA certification and experience with Agile/Scrum would be an advantage
What we offer
Pay grade in VSNU scale 11/12 (maximum EUR 5,330 gross per month for a 38-hour working week). A year-end bonus of 8.3% and 29 days' annual leave. Reimbursement of travel costs between home and work up to a maximum of 45 kilometres each way. ABP pension, with close to two-thirds of the premium paid by the employer. The initial contract is for one year.
Information and application
- Please contact the HR department (+31 (0)20 800 1300) if you have any questions about the recruitment procedure
- For more information about this job, please contact Axel Berg, CTO SURFsara, on +31 (0)20 800 1300
- The selection procedure may include an assessment
- You must be able to provide a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag/VOG) during your first month of employment
- Send your application to sollicitaties[at]surfsara.nl
- Read more about working for SURFsara here.