Vacancy Change Manager Network Operations
Are you a change manager with a passion for networking? Do you know what is involved in providing a new internet connection? Do you enjoy working with technical specialists to organize the very best service for customers? Maybe you are the change manager we are looking for.
- Level of education: HBO with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Location: Utrecht
- Number of hours: 32-40
About SURF and the Network Operations team
SURF is the collaboration organization for ICT for Dutch education and research. SURF works with education and research institutions on ICT facilities and ICT innovation to make the most of the opportunities presented by digitization. SURF has an extensive national and international network, providing high-quality connectivity and network services to organizations in higher education and research in the Netherlands. The Network Operations team is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the network and strives to provide excellent service.
The Network Operations team consists of 8 people and is responsible for all operational activities on the SURF network. The emphasis is on the construction (expansion, modification or renewal) and management (24x7 monitoring, incident management) of the network. We don't do this alone. There are three closely collaborating teams within SURF that deal with the fixed network. We also work closely with an external management partner where our 24x7 NOC (Network Operations Centre) is located.
The daily activities of the Network Operations team are very diverse:
- Procurement and management of the fibre-optic network,
- Procurement and management of all network (PoP) locations,
- Direction of our external management partner where the SURF NOC and helpdesk are located,
- Change management,
- Registration of internet resources,
- Set-up and management of tooling,
- Service delivery and project management.
In addition, together with the other network departments, we are continuously working on improving our services and renewing our service portfolio.
What does the job entail?
Within the SURF network, SURF offers various services to connected institutions throughout the Netherlands, thus providing high-quality national and international connectivity for our target group. Our ambition is to be a leader in the application of new functionalities in our network, so that users in education and research can benefit from high-quality technical possibilities. Safeguarding the quality and continuity of this service is the most important goal of the Network Operations team.
As change manager, you are responsible for the change process. This means that you ensure that all changes on the network are properly administered, planned and implemented. You work closely with our management partner Quanza, who carries out most of the work under your direction. Furthermore, you have a lot of contact with relation management for customer requests and with your colleagues within the network departments for upgrades and network changes. If work does not run smoothly, you are the spider in the web that maintains contact with the customer, the technicians and all parties involved.
What exactly are you going to do?
Your duties will include:
- You monitor the progress of all network projects and ensure clear internal and external communication,
- You think along with (complex) customer questions, both on a technical and an organizational level,
- You monitor the continuity of our services in the weekly CAB (changes advisory board),
- You continuously work on improving the quality of the work process,
- You work closely with the network departments and relationship management within SURF and also with management partner Quanza
Minimum of higher professional education level (HBO). You are naturally customer and service-oriented and are open to change. You are decisive, structured and have strong communication skills. Moreover, you have organizational qualities.
In addition, you have:
- analytical thinking skills
- a broad general network and infrastructure knowledge
- a natural desire to continuously improve and renew your technical knowledge
- experience with standard network equipment and knowledge of commonly used IP and Ethernet protocols
- experience with project-based work
- experience with fibre projects is an advantage
- good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
- A varied and challenging job for 32-40 hours (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) in an informal and collegial atmosphere with a high level of ambition;
- SURF offers extensive training opportunities and excellent fringe benefits;
- This position has a salary range of € 3535 to € 5050 gross based on full-time employment;
- 8.33% holiday allowance and a fixed end-of-year bonus
- 36 vacation days per year (based on a 40-hour work week);
- An NS Business Card 1st class;
- Our office in Utrecht is located at walking distance from Utrecht CS.
- The contract will initially be for one year, with the intention of converting this into a permanent contract after one year.
Please send your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not work with recruiters to find candidates for this vacancy.