Vacancy Coördinator Security Operations Center
As SOC coordinator, you will be responsible for a new internal SOC (Security Operations Centre) for SURF. You are responsible for the functional management of the SOC team, help monitor information security, and ensure coordination and adequate resolution of information security incidents.
- Level of education: HBO+
- Location: Amsterdam and Utrecht
- Number of hours: 32-40
About SURF and the team Internal Services Operational Support
SURF is the collaboration organisation for IT for Dutch education and research. SURF works with educational and research institutions on IT facilities and IT innovation in order to make optimum use of the opportunities afforded by digitisation. SURF plays an important role in information security in education and research. SURF provides information security services to its members, organises audits and benchmarks, and facilitates collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Internal Services provides information management, office automation, network and data centre services, technical management, the SOC, and the service desk for SURF. The SOC is responsible for monitoring SURF's information security internally. In doing so, it works closely with the service owners within SURF and with all the disciplines present within Internal Services.
Security Operations are currently organised within each service. SURF wants to centralise these activities into a security operations centre, with uniform processes for security operations. The SOC team is a virtual team, consisting of team members from the various services, so that there is substantive knowledge of the services.
What does the job entail?
Approximately 50% of your time will be spent coordinating tasks. You will functionally manage the SOC, for example by scheduling, organising coordination, drawing up protocols and initiating improvements and building new processes. In the event of an incident, you take care of the coordination and adequate resolution of the incident and you report on this. You are the first point of contact for the SOC and sparring partner for the CISO, department heads and an important member of the security community within SURF. You are a member of the CSIRT/CERT and participate in the SCIRT and SCIPR collaboration groups. During the set-up of the SOC, you will take the lead together with the IS OPS team leader and act as project leader.
The other 50% of your time is spent in the SOC team, working closely with other security engineers and analysts. You detect vulnerabilities and threats, investigate them with the (present) applications of the security operations team and deal with them appropriately. You are also responsible for the functional management of the applications used by the security operations team.
What are you going to do exactly?
- You are responsible for the functional management of the SURF security operations centre.
- Together with your colleagues at the SOC, you will set up and maintain the security monitoring & analysis for internal use, using the IDS, IPS & SIEM.
- You take care of vulnerability management, identifying, classifying, prioritising, repairing and mitigating software vulnerabilities.
- You are a member of the CSIRT/CERT team and spend part of your time analysing, picking up, following up and handling incidents.
- You actively participate in security and privacy communities, such as SCIRT and SCIPR.
- You help create insight into what is happening in the internal environments and the world around us. You provide insight into the threats we face and convert them into mitigating measures.
- You are responsible for the further development of the SOC. You draw up the annual objectives and plans for the SOC, which you coordinate with the Head of Internal Services, team leaders and the security team.
- You report to the IS OPS Team Leader and work closely with him.
- Within the SURF organisation, you are the contact person for the SOC, ensure coordination and arrange operational matters such as a duty roster.
- HBO+ work and thinking level;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar position as a security analyst, security manager or security officer. The ideal candidate combines specialist knowledge of information security with experience in a coordinating/project management function;
- Certification in the field of information security such as CISM or CISS, CEH, OSCP or a SANS certification is a plus;
- Command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing;
- You have a customer-oriented attitude and are a team player;
- You work independently;
- You communicate easily online and offline at different levels;
- The ability to dig in to something in order to deal with (complex) issues;
- A varied and challenging job for 32-40 hours (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) in an informal and collegial atmosphere with a high level of ambition;
- SURF offers extensive training opportunities and excellent fringe benefits;
- This position has a salary range of € 3.676 to € 6.034 gross on a full-time basis;
- 8.33% holiday allowance, a fixed year-end bonus of 8.33%
- 36 holiday days per year (on the basis of a 40-hour work week);
- An NS Business Card 1st class;
- Our Amsterdam office is located at the Amsterdam Science Park, with good public transport facilities nearby. Our Utrecht office is located at walking distance from Utrecht CS.
- Initially, the contract will be for one year, with the intention of converting to a permanent contract after one year.
Send your motivation and resume to email@example.com.
- Who is responsible for the job content? Paul Reemeijer
- Who is the recruiter involved? Marrit Willemsen