Vacancy Helpdesk Employee
As a first-line Helpdesk Employee, you are the first point of contact for customers with a question or problem with our ICT infrastructure. In this challenging and varied position, you support end-users of the SURF research facilities, such as the supercomputers and our cloud solution.
- Working and thinking level: MBO / HBO level
- Location: Amsterdam
- Number of hours: 32 - 40 hours
- Closing date: 11 February 2022
About SURF and the Helpdesk Research team
SURF is the ICT cooperation organisation for Dutch education and research. SURF works together with educational and research institutions on ICT facilities and ICT innovation to make optimal use of the opportunities of digitisation.
Within SURF, the Research Services department is responsible for data management services and expertise in supercomputing and cloud solutions. The Helpdesk Research team performs first-line standard operating procedures, such as adding and processing accounts and has a significant role in analysing and solving user questions. It is a small team that has a team meeting every other week in which knowledge is shared and practical matters are discussed.
What does the position entail?
In this position, your analytical skills are called upon in excellent terms, and you should quickly analyse the customer's problem by asking the right questions. As a Helpdesk Employee, you help the user on his way again by solving or escalating the situation. This can only be achieved by carefully following established procedures. Of course, in addition to the colleagues from your own team, you have a group of colleagues (the system advisors) who are available as a second-line helpdesk to engage with more complex questions.
What exactly are you going to do?
- Answering questions from users about accounts, resources, use of the user interface
- Most of the questions will come in a written way (via tickets in Jira/Topdesk) but phone calls are possible
- Processing project and account information in the project administration in the SURF Data and compute services
- Creation of new projects and accounts in the SURF infrastructure (via user interface or command line)
- Escalating tickets to second- and third-line helpdesk (advisors and system administrators).
- You will closely work together with the services and help to improve the experience for the customers
- Relevant technical education at MBO / HBO level
- Passion for supercomputing and/or ICT
- Knowledge of and experience with JIRA Service Desk Software
- Knowledge of and experience with Topdesk
- Knowledge of and experience with command-line tools
- You speak and write excellent Dutch and English.
Candidates for this position have problem-solving ability, can work well both independently and in a team. In addition, they are eager to continue learning so that the necessary knowledge remains up to date
- A varied and challenging job for 32 hours – 40 hours (0,8 – 1,0 FTE) in an informal and collegial atmosphere with a high level of ambition;
- SURF offers extensive training opportunities and excellent secondary employment conditions;
- This position has a salary range of €2.400 to € 4.197 gross based on full-time;
- 8,33% holiday pay, a fixed end-of-year allowance of 8,33%;
- 36 vacation days per year (based on a 40-hour working week);
- An NS-Businesscard 1 class;
- Our Amsterdam office is located at the Amsterdam Science Park, with good public transport facilities nearby. / Our Utrecht office is located within walking distance of Utrecht Central Station.
- The appointment is in the first instance based on an annual contract, intending to convert this into permanent employment after one year in case of good functioning and the same operating conditions.
Send your motivation and CV to Claudia Behnke by 11 February 2022 at email@example.com.
- Who is substantively about the position? Claudia.Behnke@surf.nl
- Who is the HR advisor involved? firstname.lastname@example.org