Vacancy IT architect education services
More and more education takes place online, allowing us to collect more study data. How do you use this study data in a safe and reliable way? SURF is developing a platform for study data in which the privacy of students and instructors is paramount. Are you the ambitious IT architect who is going to help build this platform? Then respond!
Professional level: hbo/wo
Hours per week: 32-40
What does the job entail?
SURF wants to encourage innovation in education. We do this by joining forces with educational institutions to make the best possible use of ICT. We experiment, offer knowledge and services, and connect educational innovators at home and abroad.
As an IT architect, you work in a multidisciplinary team on the development of new (educational) services. Together with your colleagues and experts from the institutions, you will work on, among other things, a new platform that makes it possible to use study data with respect for the privacy of students and thus improve student guidance. You will be responsible for the technical design of this platform and you will contribute to its realisation and management. In doing so, you will supervise software developers.
In your work, you have a special interest in the use of data (exchange), the latest technical developments and emerging standards. You are an advocate of open source applications and the use of open standards, with a real vision of practical feasibility.
What exactly are you going to do?
- You will design the reference architecture in which privacy and "security by design" are central and formulate the technical requirements for the platform for study data. You will use your knowledge of data and standards and look at international examples.
- You advise on the choice of architectures, technical frameworks and programming languages and contribute to their implementation.
- You contribute to the (further) development of standards for data exchange in educational processes and you advise institutions on the application of these standards.
- You contribute to the long-term vision for services by, among other things, drawing up technical roadmaps.
- You work closely together with colleagues from various disciplines, such as product managers and community managers, but also with suppliers, management partners and, above all, the educational institutions.
- Educational level, preferably in science, with at least 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with (management of) open source software development in an innovative (educational) environment is an advantage.
- Experience with the operational management of services and the associated privacy and security requirements.
- You are a self-starter, and you can work independently as well as in a team.
A varied and challenging job in an informal and collegial atmosphere with a high level of ambition. SURFnet offers extensive training opportunities and excellent fringe benefits, including an NS business card 1st class. Our office is in a prime location, less than 10 minutes walking distance from Utrecht Central Station.
Your contract initially runs until 1 July 2021, with the intention of extending it.
Send your CV and a clear motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about the position please contact Kirsten Veelo, manager Educational Content. +31-887873000.
- For more information about the application procedure, please call HR advisor Anita Sudré, +31-887873000.
We do not appreciate acquisition as a result of this vacancy.