Vacancy Product manager digital (open) learning resources
Do you like to translate challenges in education into new and innovative services? Do you want education to be able to make use of all the possibilities that digitalization offers? Do you like to convince others to make use of new services? Then this vacancy is definitely for you!
- Level of education: HBO/WO
- Location: Utrecht
- Number of hours: 32-40
- Closing date: June 3th, 2022
How do we help higher education make good use of the possibilities of technology? In the Eduservices team, we ensure that faculty, students and IT & education consultants can use innovative IT services that can make a difference in the way educational practice innovates.
About SURF and the Eduservices team
SURF is the collaboration organisation for IT for Dutch education and research. SURF works with educational and research institutions on IT facilities and IT innovation in order to make optimum use of the opportunities afforded by digitisation.
The Eduservices team develops and provides a diverse and coordinated range of services that:
- facilitates institutions and their users in providing education flexibly and more effectively, and in orientating, enrolling, following, and certifying education.
- provides optimum support and encouragement for the use/reuse of digital Open Educational Resources and research output in all facets.
More information can be found on the expertise pages:
The product manager we are looking for contributes to 3 (future) services that facilitate and stimulate the reuse of digital (open) learning materials; edusources, CopyRIGHT and NL-Bron. These are part of the infrastructure for digital (open) learning resources, a domain that is constantly evolving, and is the focus of national and international attention.
More information about the edusources service and the copyRIGHT project can be found at:
NL-Source is a service in development that provides a database of metadata for the benefit of plagiarism scanning processes.
What does the position entail and what are you going to do exactly?
As product manager, you translate ideas and wishes from the target group into services and functionalities within SURF's range of educational services. You will also coordinate the roadmap for further development with clients and users.
You take care of the functional application management and work on stimulating the use and a financially healthy exploitation. You coordinate support, give presentations, prepare reports, manage contracts and actively maintain a network of relevant stakeholders. You supervise release management during the monthly releases, are responsible for testing new releases and coordinate the findings with the technical product manager.
In this position you will be involved in 3 different services/projects. At CopyRIGHT and NL-Bron you will work on the realization of 2 new services. You will work closely with the project leaders, technical product manager, developers, domain specialists and stakeholders from institutions. After the transition from project phase to service delivery, you will be responsible together with the technical product manager for the daily operations of these services. In addition, you will contribute to edusources, a relatively new service that is still in full swing. You will work primarily in the role of scrum master together with the technical product manager and developers.
- HBO/WO work and thinking level;
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with coordination of software and/or digital services development in complex environments;
- Experience with functional application management in an educational environment;
- Experience with delivering IT services and/or identifying needs for them within educational institutions;
- Experience with product management processes/tools;
- Experience with preparing business cases and budgets;
- Experience as a scrum master is a plus;
- Extensive knowledge of, and work experience with, developments within the IT and education domain;
- Competent and reliable interlocutor at both operational and tactical level;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
- A varied and challenging job for 32-40 hours (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) in an informal and collegial atmosphere with a high level of ambition;
- SURF offers extensive training opportunities and excellent fringe benefits;
- This position has a salary range of €3.676 to €5.252 gross on a full-time basis;
- 8.33% holiday allowance;
- A fixed year-end bonus of 8.33%;
- 36 holiday days per year (on the basis of a 40-hour work week);
- An NS Business Card 1st class;
- Our Utrecht office is located at walking distance from Utrecht CS;
- Initially, the contract will be for one year, with the intention of converting to a permanent contract after one year.
Send your motivation and resume to email@example.com. You can apply until June 3th, 2022 at the latest.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
- Who is responsible for the job content? Alexander Blanc - Teamhead
- Who is the HR adviser involved? Marrit Willemsen