Vacancy Product Manager Internet of things
Do you want to make education and research smarter with IoT technology? Are you strong in your position as a service owner or in the role of product owner in service and software development? Do you like to convince others to use new services? Then this vacancy is definitely for you!
- Level of education: HBO/University
- Location: Utrecht
- Number of hours: 32-40
- Closing date: May 31th, 2022
About SURF and the Campus Development team
SURF is the collaboration organisation for IT for Dutch education and research. SURF works with educational and research institutions on IT facilities and IT innovation in order to make optimum use of the opportunities afforded by digitisation.
The Wireless Network Infrastructure team within the Campus Development department develops and delivers services in the broad area of wireless and mobile technology to benefit education and research. We provide unlimited connectivity on and around campus through the eduroam and SURFwireless (wifi-as-a-service) services and service development such as indoor 5G on campus, IoT platform and Smart Campus tools. More information can be found on our team page: https://www.surf.nl/de-draadvrije-campus.
What does the job entail?
As Product Manager Smart Campus, you take care of initiation, development and delivery of ICT services and innovation that allow students, educators and researchers to make better use of campus and learning facilities. In addition, you take care of the entire chain of connectivity. You translate the opportunities of IoT technology in particular, but also other wire-free infrastructure, into opportunities and added value for the campus and existing services. You draw up concrete and realistic plans for this. You ensure that the educational and research institutions are closely involved in the development and that they are enthusiastic about putting it into practice.
What are you going to do exactly?
You create business models, business cases and roadmaps for new services in the smartcampus domain and existing wireless network services. You spar with colleagues at SURF and at the member institutions in order to match them as closely as possible to expectations and possibilities. You will actively engage in stakeholder management and interact just as easily with engineers as with ICT management and facilities management. In the realization you promote the interests of the user and the knowledge institution, for example in the role of product owner. To do this, you create and maintain a good and responsive network within the various target groups of MBO, HBO, WO, research and UMCs. After realization you ensure successful use of the service with satisfied users and further development.
- HBO or wo-work and -think level;
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with coordination of development of software and/or digital services in complex environments with various stakeholders;
- Experience with delivering IT services and/or identifying (latent) needs for these within UMCs, educational and/or research institutions;
- Experience with product management processes/tools and business model canvas.
- Extensive knowledge, work experience or demonstrable affinity with wireless network technology and protocols, such as: wifi, LoRaWAN, BLe, NB-IoT, EnOcean, NB-IoT/LTE-M, UBW, ZigBee, 802.1X, WPA2-enterprise;
- Service and customer oriented;
- Good sense of political relationships;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English language.
- A varied and challenging job for 32-40 hours (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) in an informal and collegial atmosphere with a high level of ambition;
- SURF offers extensive training opportunities and excellent fringe benefits;
- This position has a salary range of €4.224 to €6.034 gross on a full-time basis;
- 8.33% holiday allowance, a fixed year-end bonus of 8.33%
- 36 holiday days per year (on the basis of a 40-hour work week);
- An NS Business Card 1st class;
- Our Amsterdam office is located at the Amsterdam Science Park, with good public transport facilities nearby. / Our Utrecht office is located at walking distance from Utrecht CS.
- Initially, the contract will be for one year, with the intention of converting to a permanent contract after one year.
Send your motivation and resume to email@example.com. You can apply until May 31th, 2022 at the latest.
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
- More about working at SURF
- Employees about working at SURF
- A selection from our events (optional, remove if not applicable)
- More about the SURF organisation
- Who is responsible for the job content? Maurice van den Akker – Team Head
- Who is the HR adviser involved? Marrit Willemsen