Vacancy Product Manager SURFsoc/SURFcert
Do you want to make education and research resilient to cyber threats? Do you want to help institutions detect and mitigate cyber threats in a timely manner? And do you think it's important that institutions that fall victim to a cyberattack are helped quickly and adequately?
- Level of education: WO
- Location: Utrecht
- Number of hours: 32-40 hours
- Closing date: May 25th, 2022
About SURFsoc en SURFcert
The expertise needed to keep IT up to date and secure at institutions is scarce, while the challenges in this area are only increasing. Seemingly minor incidents can have major consequences and threaten the continuity of education and research. To deal with these threats, the universities, universities of applied sciences, and SURF have jointly set up the SURFsoc service. This is a combination of services and knowledge from the market, SURF, and the institutions themselves. The service consists of 24x7 monitoring and surveillance of the institutions' IT and networks (SIEM service together with Fox-IT) and the sharing of Indicators of Compromise (IoCs) with institutions. In addition, the institution networks and the SURF network are constantly monitored (vulnerability scanning) for potential weaknesses that could be exploited for DDoS attacks, for example.
SURFsoc has a close relationship with SURFcert, the incident response team that assists institutions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the event of incidents. SURFcert consists of a team of experts from SURF and its member institutions, and in addition to help and support in the event of incidents, it makes tools available to institutions to optimize their security.
What does the job entail?
As an experienced product manager, you will be responsible for the SURFsoc and SURFcert services. You will ensure that the services provided to the member institutions are reliable and of high quality, and will work with colleagues within and outside SURF to ensure that the services continue to develop in line with the needs of their users and new technical possibilities.
SURFsoc is a relatively young service and is still developing. In the coming years, the service will grow in terms of the number of linked institutions and the addition of new functionalities. SURFcert is one of SURF's oldest services, and has to deal with a growing number of threats and incidents. SURFsoc (monitoring and detection) and SURFcert (incident response) are further developed in conjunction to strengthen each other.
In this role, you will work in close collaboration with educational and research institutions on one of their biggest challenges, namely to be and remain cyber resilient.
What are you going to do exactly?
- As product manager, you will be responsible for the SURFsoc and SURFcert services.
- Working with the institutions and the technical experts, you will ensure that the services are developed further and remain relevant. You will also look at coordination between the two services and possible links (technical or otherwise) with other services.
- You will monitor customer satisfaction for various groups of users (for example educational institutions, research institutions, teaching hospitals, large institutions, and small institutions).
- You will monitor SURF-wide quality standards for services in relation to security, privacy, continuity, and legitimacy.
- You will draw up reports and be responsible for monitoring the business model and business case.
- For SURFsoc, you will be responsible for connecting new institutions. You will ensure smooth-running contract management and invoicing, both on the suppliers' and the institutions' side.
- Finally, you'll contribute to the team's other services and service development, for example with (back-up) product management tasks for other services.
- WO work and thinking level and at least 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with product management for complex services;
- Experience with project-based work and quality management;
- Good ability to understand customer requirements and translate their (underlying) question into solutions;
- Be able to bring technical experts and suppliers on board and convince them where necessary;
- Being able to work independently as well as in a team;
- Experience in preparing and monitoring business cases and business models;
- Knowledge of modern internet protocols, experience with security services. This is an important advantage;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English;
- You can work for various target groups and have a good sense of political relationships.
- A varied and challenging job for 32-40 hours (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) in an informal and collegial atmosphere with a high level of ambition;
- SURF offers extensive training opportunities and excellent fringe benefits;
- This position has a salary range of €4.224 to €6.998 gross on a full-time basis;
- 8.33% holiday allowance, a fixed year-end bonus of 8.33%;
- 36 holiday days per year (on the basis of a 40-hour work week);
- An NS Business Card 1st class;
- Our Utrecht office is located at walking distance from Utrecht CS.
Send your motivation and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Floor Jas. You can apply until May 25th, 2022 at the latest.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
- Who is responsible for the job content? Floor Jas
- Who is the HR adviser involved? Marrit Willemsen