Vacancy Strategic relations manager NPOS and EOSC
Do you want to increase the impact of the work of SURF and Dutch higher education and research by organising international collaboration? Do you like to be a pivot in the web, do you switch easily between national and international levels and do you have affinity with IT strategy, architecture and (open) standards?
- Level of education: WO/WO+
- Location: Utrecht and Amsterdam
- Number of hours: 32-40
- Closing date: July 4th, 2022
About SURF and the role of the relation manager NPOS and EOSC
SURF is the collaboration organisation for IT for Dutch higher education and research. SURF works with more than 100 education and research institutions on IT facilities and IT innovation in order to make the most of the opportunities offered by digitisation and to enable better and more flexible research and education for more than one million users.
We are looking for a relationship manager who makes the connection between the input of Dutch knowledge institutions and expertise in national and European activities and programs, especially in the field of Open Science and Research Data Management.
Your ambition is that the needs, viewpoints and vision on Open Science between the Netherlands and Europe match. Exchange and coordination between Dutch experts in national and international networks is not left to chance, but is proactively brought together by you for the effective development and representation of the Dutch Open Science ecosystem. You are the lynchpin between SURF, the national research institutions and Europe in the field of Open Science.
What does the job entail?
In this position, you will fulfil SURF's role as the organization mandated from the Netherlands in the EOSC-Association (EOSC-A). In coordination with Dutch members of EOSC-A, National Program Open Science (NPOS) and stakeholders in the Dutch Open Science landscape you act as a linking-pin between the national and European Open Science approach. You connect these national parties, stimulate mutual knowledge sharing and thus support position determination. In addition, you oversee the Dutch contribution to EOSC-related initiatives and (European) projects. To achieve this you initiate, expand and maintain a relevant network and you build and maintain collaborations on a national and international level. Both tasks will take approximately 50% of your time.
What are you going to do exactly?
- You will support the formulation of positions in national and international policy and decision-making forums, create support, and represent SURF and its national constituencies;
- You set up collaborative relationships with national and international stakeholders, identify opportunities to expand collaboration, and organize engagement and support;
- You strengthen the collaboration between the national Open Science landscape and stakeholders and the EOSC-A;
- You optimize the Dutch contribution within the scope of the EOSC Partnership, including the Dutch participants in EOSC-A Advisory Groups, Task Forces and European funded projects;
- You coordinate and align the strategy with national EOSC-A members and NPOS;
- You prepare, together with the Dutch EOSC-A members, the GA meetings of the EOSC-A;
- You work closely with the SURF RVB and advise them on national and international developments in the field of Open Science;
- You are part of the Innovation Core Team and rooted in the cooperative's innovation activities in the field of Open Science and research data;
- You identify opportunities for funding for innovation of Open Science;
- You identify needs in the area of Open Science and Research Data Management.
- WO/WO+ level, at least 8 years of relevant work experience;
- You are able to be a liaison with members on a tactical/strategic level;
- You preferably have experience with European projects and programs;
- You have clear affinity with and knowledge of Open Science and research data;
- You have knowledge and experience in the academic field in the field of scientific research and experience with the use of advanced IT within a complex and dynamic environment;
- You are familiar with working in a project and/or program environment;
- You have experience in drafting business models and preferably business cases.
- You are an adept networker and connector;
- You are result oriented;
- You are communicative and fluent in English, both verbally and in writing;
- You are politically sensitive;
- You are not afraid to have an opinion and to adjust it;
- You combine strategic and tactical insight with a healthy dose of pragmatism.
- A varied and challenging job for 32-40 hours (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) in an informal and collegial atmosphere with a high level of ambition;
- SURF offers extensive training opportunities and excellent fringe benefits;
- This position has a salary range of €4.224,00 to €7.851,00 depending on knowledge and experience gross based on a full-time basis;
- 8.33% holiday allowance, a fixed year-end bonus of 8.33%
- 36 holiday days per year (on the basis of a 40-hour work week);
- An NS Business Card 1st class;
- Our Utrecht office is located at walking distance from Utrecht CS;
- Initially, the contract will be for one year, with the intention of converting to a permanent contract after one year.
Send your motivation and resume to email@example.com. You can apply until July 4th, 2022 at the latest.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
- For questions about the vacancy: Mark Huijs and Maurice Bouwhuis.
- For questions about working at SURF and the procedure: Marrit Willemsen, firstname.lastname@example.org