Vacancy Technical Product Manager SURFeduhub
Are you an enthusiastic technical specialist who wants to contribute to the (further) development of innovative ICT services for higher education? Do you enjoy exploring and using new technologies? Does setting up and managing complex ICT infrastructures in a reliable and high-quality manner seem like an interesting challenge to you?
- Level of education: HBO/WO
- Location: Utrecht
- Number of hours: 32-40
- Closing date: May 13th, 2022
About SURF and the Eduservices team
SURF is the collaboration organisation for IT for Dutch education and research. SURF works with educational and research institutions on IT facilities and IT innovation in order to make optimum use of the opportunities afforded by digitisation.
The Eduservices team develops and provides a diverse and coordinated range of services that:
- facilitates institutions and their users in providing education flexibly and more effectively, and in orientating, enrolling, following, and certifying education.
- provides optimum support and encouragement for the use/reuse of digital OER and research output in all facets.
More information can be found on the expertise pages:
What does the position entail and what are you going to do exactly?
As a technical product manager, you will work in a multidisciplinary team to develop and operationalize new education services and capabilities. You will primarily work with SURFeduhub and the Open Education API (OOAPI). SURFeduhub is an innovative platform for the exchange of educational data, using the OOAPI. In doing so, you will use your creative and technical abilities pragmatically. You will translate functional requirements into technical solutions which you will implement and manage together with developers and other specialists.
Your tasks will at least include:
- Working with colleagues and experts from the institutions on the further development of OOAPI and SURFeduhub.
- Managing the systems that are important for the availability of SURFeduhub and related applications.
- Formulating the architecture and technical requirements for these applications and directing developers and management parties. In doing so, you also look at the reusability of existing solutions and at international examples.
- Follow, explore and initiate new (technological) developments and contribute to the creation of new internal and (inter)national standards.
- Developing proposals for new and existing services together with fellow product managers.
- Working closely with fellow technical product managers and coordinating with them on a common educational infrastructure and general guidelines for open source development, privacy and security.
- HBO/WO work and thinking level
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience
- Affinity with and enthusiasm for educational innovation and building new technical services
- Independent go-getter with a results-oriented approach, you do not lose sight of the higher goal for our users
- Team player with good communication skills and persuasiveness
- Experience with (open source) software development and development methodologies in an innovative environment
- Experience with managing services in a Linux environment
- Experience with authentication and authorization best practices and techniques is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with privacy by design and security by design is a plus
- Knowledge of key concepts, protocols and standards in use within higher education is a plus
If you do not have all the experience, but are eager to learn and develop, we would also like to meet you.
- A varied and challenging job for 32-40 hours (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) in an informal and collegial atmosphere with a high level of ambition
- SURF offers extensive training opportunities and excellent fringe benefits
- This position has a salary range of €3.767 to €6.034 gross on a full-time basis
- 8.33% holiday allowance, a fixed year-end bonus of 8.33%
- 36 holiday days per year (on the basis of a 40-hour work week)
- An NS Business Card 1st class
- Our Utrecht office is located at walking distance from Utrecht CS
- Initially, the contract will be for one year, with the intention of converting to a permanent contract after one year
Send your motivation and resume to email@example.com. You can apply until May 13th, 2022 at the latest.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
- Who is responsible for the job content? Alexander Blanc - Teamhead
- Who is the HR adviser involved? Marrit Willemsen