Acceleration plan for educational innovation with ICT
The Netherlands Association of Universities, the Netherlands Association of Universities of Applied Sciences and SURF jointly present a four-year acceleration plan for educational innovation with ICT.
Within the individual institutions and in collaboration with other research universities and universities of applied sciences, this plan offers the scope for making substantial gains in the area of digitalisation.
Opportunities for higher education
Digitalisation offers a great deal of opportunity for higher education in the Netherlands. It can contribute to the quality of education and strengthen the international position of higher education. The Acceleration Plan is based on 3 shared ambitions:
- Better connection to the job market
- Making education more flexible
- Learn smarter and better by using technology
8 acceleration zones
The Acceleration Plan is divided into 8 acceleration zones in which 40 research universities and universities of applied sciences work together. A leader from one of the institutions directs the acceleration team with its representatives from the participating institutions.
Sign up for our updates and you will receive a newsletter with the latest developments on the Acceleration Plan up to 4 times a year.
The leaders in the 8 zones are:
- Facilitating professional development for lecturers - Kim Schildkamp (University of Twente) and Ronald Spruit (Avans University of Applied Sciences)
- Better connection to the job market - Ellen van den Berg (Saxion University of Applied Sciences)
- Making education more flexible - Paul den Hertog (Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences) & Ulrike Wild (Wageningen University & Research)
- Towards (open) educational resources - Robert Schuwer (Fontys University Of Applied Sciences)
- Secure and reliable use of learning data - Theo Bakker (VU Amsterdam)
- Evidence-informed educational innovation with ICT - Fleur Prinsen (Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences)
- Acceleration of educational innovation with EdTech - Timo Kos (TU Delft)
- Heading towards acceleration together - Theo Bastiaens (Open University) & Jet de Ranitz (Inholland University of Applied Sciences)
Hester Bijl, Erwin Bleumink, Eline van Hove, Roos van Leeuwen, Arthur Mol, Anka Mulder, Hans Nederlof en Jantina Walraven.
If you have any questions about the Acceleration plan, please contact
- Jort Diekerhof (Vereniging Hogescholen) via email@example.com or +31-610368073
- Josephine Verstappen (Vereniging van Universiteiten) via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31-612209014
- Johanna de Groot (SURF) via email@example.com or +31-887873000
- Overview of Acceleration plan participants (PDF)
- Acceleration plan Educational innovation with ICT 2018 (PDF)
- Acceleration agenda for innovation in education 2017 (PDF)
- Publication VSNU ‘Digitalisation in academic education’ (PDF)
- Strategische agenda van Vereniging Hogescholen ‘hbo 2025 – Wendbaar en weerbaar’ (in Dutch)
- SURF Strategic Plan 2015-2018 (PDF)