Conference DTL Communities@Work 2018
Date: 02 OCT 2018
On October 2nd 2018 the DTL Communities@Work conference takes place in Utrecht for all professionals working in de fields of life science and data science. DTL Communities@Work will offer an environment to convene and seed tangible collaborations on issues of FAIR data stewardship, data & ICT service infrastructures, data modelling & analysis.
- 02 Oct 2018
- Jaarbeurs, Media Plaza Utrecht
- 100,- excl. btw (free for people employed by a DTL Partner organisation, see website)
- Prior knowledge needed?
- Subject type
- Practical skills
- Meeting type
The conference will feature interactive workshops organised in close collaboration with DTL partner communities on topics such as:
- Learning from distributed data in Personal Health Train & Farm Data Train
- Modelling the Human Metabolism
- Designing a data services infrastructure for X-Omics projects and the Million European Genomes Alliance
- Research Data Management in practice; from burden to benefit
- Towards an informatics roadmap for biodiversity research
- Machine learning in life science research
- How to make research software FAIR
- Building a training curriculum for FAIR Data Stewardship
- Access to public funding for (inter)national collaboration
Professionals working in de fields of life science and data science.
- International keynote speaker C. Titus Brown (University of California, Davis) will speak about the NIH Data Commons: a vision to support sustainable and innovative knowledge production from the biomedical community.
- Second keynote speaker and full programme to be announced on the event website.
- Registration is required.
More information on DTL
DTL offers an open platform to connect with other life science professionals – scientists, technical experts, data experts, trainers, entrepreneurs, and policy makers – and improve your research and innovation by jointly building life science data solutions. SURF is one of the public-private partners.