PRACE workshop: Data, lights, camera, action! Scientific visualization done beautifully
Would you like to make 3D visualisations that are visually more attractive than what ParaView or VisIt can provide? Do you need a spectacular image for a grant application? Would you like to create a cool animation of flying through your simulation data? Then this workshop may be for you!
Hands-on knowledge about 3D (scientific) data
The goal of this course is to provide you with hands-on knowledge of producing great images and animations from 3D (scientific) data. We will be using the open-source package Blender, which provides good basic functionality, while also being usable for advanced usage and general editing of 3D data.
It is also a lot of fun to work with (once you get used to its graphical interface). Example types of relevant scientific data are 3D cell-based simulations, 3D models from photogrammetry, (isosurfaces of) 3D medical scans, molecular models and earth sciences data. Note that we don't focus on information visualization of abstract data, such as graphs (although you could convert those into a 3D model first and then use them in Blender).
This workshop is for participants who have prior experience in working with 3D data and want hands-on knowledge about producing images and animations from 3D (scientific) data.
- Please bring your own laptop preferably with a decent GPU
- Possibility to install Blender on your laptop
- We encourage participants to bring along (a sample) of the data they normally work with and would like to apply the course knowledge to.
- The workshop is organized by SURFsara as a PRACE Training Centre.
Inschrijven en annuleren
- Alleen aan SURF deelnemende organisaties kunnen deze bijeenkomst bijwonen.
- Aanmelden is niet vrijblijvend; lees de annuleringsvoorwaarden van SURFacademy-bijeenkomsten.