What does SURF want to achieve?
SURF wants students to be able to log in easily and securely with eduID - during and after their studies - to any educational institution in the Netherlands in the future. To that end, we are developing a secure and reliable architecture in close consultation with the institutions and key stakeholders such as the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, and Studielink. In 2020, we want to make a first version of eduID available for students and institutions to gain experience. To achieve this, we are carrying out various pilots.
- user is in charge
- usable for life, even after graduation
- to be enriched with other education-related matters about student, institution, study
eduID enables you to
- identify and authorise students
- exchange student information or obtained results digitally
- simplify the registration process
- have a life-long view and control of one's own educational data
- gain insight in educational careers at the end of studies or offer services to alumni
Sign up for updates from the eduID project.
SURF sees eduID as a precondition for meeting the challenges of greater flexibility in education and lifelong development. But what specifically does eduID offer institutions and students?
Read about eduID pilots
In the past 2 years we have gained a lot of experience with the Edubadges pilot and learned a lot about eduID. In 2020, a major pilot will be added, the student mobility pilot: registering for a course at another institution with 1 click.