Enlighten Your ResearchEnlighten Your Research (EYR) is a project that supports researchers from all sorts of scientific areas to give a boost to their research. Processing and analysing large amounts scientific data plays a central role in research of EYR participants.
Take a look at the Enlighten Your Research website.
Who is it for?
Can ICT make the difference in your research? For example, if you want to send large amounts of data quickly and securely, or conduct calculations that would take the average computer weeks, months or even years in just a few days or weeks instead. A growing number of disciplines depend on data-intensive research. Enlighten Your Research provides support not only for the exact and technical sciences or medical and life sciences, but for researchers in the humanities and social sciences as well.
The Enlighten Your Research (EYR) project advises and assists researchers in finding and navigating the avenues offered by various advanced technologies. We make major challenges manageable. For example, by helping you do more with your data in less time. Participation in EYR additionally offers you a broad scientific platform to increase the visibility of your research. We promote your research in press releases and an article on your work. We also work with you to arrange presentations at your institution and at major research events. Feel free to contact us for more information.
Past editions of Enlighten Your Research
In the past years, these EYR editions have been organised.
- EYR-Global (2015): for information about Enlighten Your Research Global 2015, please visit www.enlightenyourresearch.net
- EYR4 (2013) invited researchers to submit a proposal involving challenging data questions.
- EYR3 (2011) focused not just on the use of lightpaths, but on e-Infrastructure in general by collaborating with other infrastructure partners.
- EYR2 (2009) aimed at promoting the use of dynamic lightpaths.
- EYR1 (2007) researchers were asked to submit a proposal for the application of one or more fixed lightpaths (national or international)
The organising partners of the Dutch Enlighten Your Research edition are SURFnet, SURFsara, NWO and Netherlands eScience Center. They offer a world-class operational communication and computing infrastructure to facilitate scientific research. This e-Infrastructure provides researchers with high-speed communication networks and powerful computing middleware tools that foster collaboration and promote the shared use of high-end computing and data resources.
- For more information on Enlighten Your Research 4, please contact Sylvia Kuijpers (eyr [at] surf [dot] nl or +31887873501).
- Start date
- 01 Jan 2007
ResultsEnlighten Your Research (EYR) is a project that supports researchers from all sorts of scientific areas to give a boost to their research. Processing and analysing large amounts scientific data plays a central role in research of EYR participants.Read more
Previous Enlighten Your Research winnersWinners EYR4 2013Read more