Last Call For Science Demonstrators For The EOSCpilot Project
Applications open until 11th September 2017
08 AUG 2017
The European Open Science Cloud for Research pilot project (EOSCpilot) is supporting the first phase in the development of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) as described in the EC Communication on European Cloud Initiatives. SURFsara is partner in this pilot project and can offer local support.
Help define the infrastructure needed
This is your chance, through this 2nd (and last) Open Call for Applications, to take part in the exciting EOSCpilot project, started in January 2017, as one of the Science Demonstrators. The project invites applications from institutions with interesting challenges that would help define the infrastructure needed by European researchers, while showing the scientific excellence and societal impact that EOSC could achieve.
The future European Open Science Cloud
Successful proposals will start on the 1st of December 2017 and will receive support from an EOSC pilot project expert. Together, the Science Demonstrator Representative and the EOSCpilot expert will develop solutions, providing the participating institution with more expertise and the EOSCpilot project with a fuller understanding of the needs and requirements for the future EOSC.
Proposals will be reviewed on the basis of the following criteria:
- how strong and well defined the scientific challenge is addressed by the use of e-infrastructure;
- how challenging it is in terms of data integration, management, interoperability and analysis;
- already developed and demonstrated to be working on infrastructures to become part of EOSC;
- representativeness and impact;
- support by mature research infrastructures that will be long-term consumers of the EOSC;
- its commitment to publishing or consuming third-party research artefacts as part of the Open Science model with the application of FAIR principles & also as part of the Open Research Data Pilot in H2020;
- its contribution to achieve a broad range of stakeholders; and its feasibility and suitability to be developed within 1 year with the support provided by EOSCpilot.
To apply visit https://eoscpilot.eu/content/eoscpilot-2nd-and-last-open-call-applications and register to create your application.
The deadline for submission of applications is the 11th of September 2017 23.59 CEST.
The applicants will get the result of the call for proposals the 10th November 2017.
For support to prepare the application, or for further information, please contact: email@example.com.
The European Open Science Cloud for Research pilot project (EOSCpilot) www.eoscpilot.eu is funded by the European Commission.