Open and Online Education incentive scheme kicks off!
2 pillars within the incentive scheme
ICT in education is more important than ever. This scheme of the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science allows higher education institutions to experiment with online applications and put together high-quality collections of learning materials. The Open and Online Education incentive scheme consists of two pillars: Online Education and Open Educational Resources.
Online Education pillar: annual theme is Motivational Education and Assessment
In the Online Education pillar, we challenge you to enrich education with online forms of education or to redesign education with the opportunities online education brings. Particularly during the coronavirus outbreak, an important point of interest in online education is how you keep students committed remotely and how to ensure that they actively start and continue their work. How students' knowledge is then tested and how the students are assessed also requires a lot of attention. That why the annual theme for 2021 is: Motivational education and assessment.
Open Educational Resources pillar
The Open Educational Resources pillar focuses on the reuse of open educational resources within professional communities. Develop collections of open educational resources together with lecturers of other subjects, bring cultural change and set up an organisation for the reuse of learning materials within the professional community. By collaborating, you can increase the quality of the Open Educational Resources and use your time more efficiently. Submit a proposal with at least 2 institutions to contribute to a high-quality collection of open educational resources for your community.
Read more in our Checklist Open and Online Education Incentive Scheme.
Following links are in Dutch
- SURF is organising several webinars to help you get started: on 17 June, 15 September and 8 October 2020.
- Submission deadline: Tuesday 15 December 2020 before noon.
- Practical information, schedule, conditions and required documents.
- Read more about the Online Education pillar and the annual theme.
- Read more about the Open Educational Resources pillar.
- Official announcement of the Open and Online Higher Education Incentive Scheme 2018-2022 is available at overheid.nl