Engaging students in online learning
How do you keep students engaged in online learning? Research shows that good interaction and feedback are hugely important. Various forms of learning using IT can be used to support interaction and feedback with students.
Peer feedback has proven itself to be a suitable tool for achieving deeper learning (critical thinking, processing of knowledge, and creativity) within online learning. The fact that the feedback is given by another student – a peer – and not by lecturer is what makes the learning achieved more likely to be deeper.
- Various projects are currently active within the Open and Online Education Incentive Scheme specifically about peer feedback. Be inspired by some wonderful practice-based examples.
- Read the article about three innovative peer feedback projects
- The handout 'Peer Feedback and Peer Assessment Tools' offers a brief description of 6 peer feedback products and their key features.
- In the themed publication 'Peer Feedback and Peer Assessment', 3 educational institutions demonstrate how they have deployed online peer feedback in their teaching practice.
- Binnen de stimuleringsregeling Open en Online Onderwijs lopen momenteel verschillende projecten rondom peer feedback. Laat je inspireren door mooie praktijkvoorbeelden.
- Lees het artikel over drie innovatieve projecten rond peer feedback
- In de hand-out Tools voor peer feedback en peer assessment vind je een korte beschrijving van 6 peerfeedbackproducten en hun belangrijkste functionaliteiten.
- In de thema-uitgave Peer feedback en peer assessment laten 3 onderwijsinstellingen zien hoe zij online peer feedback toepassen.
Online tuition is a focused and personal work form which offers a number of modalities that are valued by students. For instance, you can record the session and listen to it again later, or you can collaborate on a document and communicate simultaneously.
- Binnen de stimuleringsregeling Open en Online Onderwijs lopen momenteel 9 verschillende projecten rondom online begeleiden. Laat je inspireren door mooie praktijkvoorbeelden.
- In de verkenning Studenten online begeleiden lees je wanneer online begeleiding echt meerwaarde heeft en hoe je verdiepend contact kunt organiseren via digitale middelen.
- Within the Open and Online Education Incentive Scheme, 9 different projects concerning online tuition are currently active. Be inspired by some wonderful practice-based examples.
- The exploratory study 'Online Student Tuition' helps explain when online tuition can really add value and how you can ensure more in-depth contact when using online resources.
Various forms of online learning, such as online debating and presenting, encourage interaction between students. Many study programmes also actively encourage students to work together online when working on difficult study materials. Online contact strengthens the relationship between students and their engagement with the study materials.