Secondary location accessibility
Secondary location accessibility - connect your other locations too
SURFnet services at secondary locations
Alongside an existing basic connection at your institution's primary location, SURFnet services can also be provided at other secondary locations. To do so, SURFnet sets up a PoP at the secondary location, including active SURFnet equipment and optical fibres. There are two types of secondary location connections:
- Inter-City: the secondary location lies in the Netherlands but outside the municipal borders of the primary location.
- Inner-City: the secondary location lies in the Netherlands inside the municipal borders of the primary location.
SURFnet services in data centres
SURFnet services can also be provided in data centres. This solution allows your institution to locate its infrastructure in a data centre, while the infrastructure remains optimally connected to the institutional network. To do this, SURFnet sets up a PoP in a data centre. In principle, a connection could be set up in every data centre in the Netherlands.
Amounts quoted are per month, exclusive of VAT
- Inter-City: EUR 2,636 (after four years, the rate falls by 50%)
- Inner-City: EUR 1,319 (after four years, the rate falls by 50%)
- Data centre: EUR 1,610 (minimum 3 year contract period)