Integrated offer of IaaS Services
Two forms: Basic and Managed
SURFcumulus is available in two forms: Basic and Managed. With SURFcumulus Basic, you buy IaaS services from providers via SURFmarket while SURF provides the contract management. You then handle the subsequent provider administration and management yourself. With SURFcumulus Managed, SURF also manages the IaaS providers on your behalf, allowing your institution to focus more on operations.
The differences at a glance:
IaaS services from the following providers are currently available via SURFcumulus:
- SURFnet Virtualisation Platform (only available through SURFcumulus Managed)
- Microsoft Azure (via COMPAREX)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Dimension Data
We will add the provide Interoute early 2018. We are also looking into the possibility of adding CloudSigma, and we are reflecting on the added value that would provide.
The advantages of SURFcumulus
SURFcumulus Basic and Managed will bring the following benefits to your institution:
- Your institution can purchase the available IaaS services directly, without having to issue a request for tender. This is because the services have been made available through a European tendering process.
- All providers comply with the SURF Framework of Legal Standards for (Cloud) Services.
- You gain a clear understanding of the data classification that the providers are able to support. SURF checks during the contract period that the provider continues to meet its audit obligations
- SURF provides the invoicing towards the institutions
- All providers are connected directly to the SURFnet network so they can be used quickly and safely.