SURFdomeinen - register and manage domain names yourself
Quick and easy domain management
SURFdomeinen makes managing domains quicker and easier. You don't need to send in any forms, and you make the necessary changes in real time. You also always have useful records of your domains available. DNS management is also a lot more efficient because you are in control yourself.
Online portal for domain management
SURFdomeinen offers a handy online portal, which allows you to easily:
- Register new domain names (.nl, .com, .eu, .info, .net, .org)
- Migrate domain names to SURFnet
- Cancel domain names
- Alter the details of registered parties or contact persons
- Change nameservers
- Set DNS/reverse DNS
- Manage NS zones that are not located on SURFnet's nameservers
- Enable on DNSSEC for .nl domains
Who is it for?
SURFdomeinen is available for institutions connected to SURFnet and is intended for ICT administrators. The latter must hold at least authorisation as the Domain Responsible Party or perhaps DNS administrator. The roles can be allocated by the institution's contact person via SURFnet Authorisation Management (in Dutch)
There is no charge for the first domain. For each further domain registration, you pay EUR 4 per month (excluding VAT). DNSSEC-signed domain registrations cost EUR 3 per month. This charge is independent of the top-level domain that you select (.nl, .com, .net, .org, .eu, or .info) and it includes the use of DNS management.
- Log in to SURFdomeinen (in Dutch)
- Read the SURFdomeinen manual and FAQ on the wiki (in Dutch)
- Download the flyer about SURFdomeinen (PDF)
This is an optional SURFnet service.
Florian DraismaProduct manager Network Services