Training courses for research
Want to get started with our systems but lack the necessary knowledge? We regularly organize hands-on systems training courses at our offices in Utrecht and Amsterdam or in situ at your education or research institution. As an institution, you also have the possibility to integrate training courses in your education program.
Overview training courses
- Introduction to big data and Hadoop
- Introduction to Unix
- Introducton to MPI
- Introduction to Intel Xeon Phi training
- Introduction to GPU programming
- Introduction to Visualisation
- Getting started with HPC Cloud
- Getting started with the Hadoop-cluster
- Getting started with Grid computing
- Getting started with the Cartesius supercomputer and the national compute cluster Lisa
- Getting started with iRODS and EUDAT datamanagement
SURF organises Research Boot Camps once or twice a year, a hands-on ICT training day for researchers and research supporters. Take a look at the website of SURF Research Boot Camp for more information.
Essentials 4 Data Support is an introductory course for those people who (want to) support researchers in storing, managing, archiving and sharing their research data. Subscribe for this course on the website of Research Data Netherlands (RDNL). RDNL is an alliance between 4TU.Centre for Research Data, Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS) and SURFsara, joining forces in the area of long-term data archiving.