Vacature Senior DevOps/SRE Engineer
SURFsara is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with an affinity to SRE (Site/Service Reliability Engineering) who is enthusiastic about the latest technologies in the fields of Infrastructure as Code, Containers and Cloud Technologies.
We offer a unique, interesting and dynamic working environment where the connection between science, ICT and society takes center stage.
Contract: full time (40 hours)
What does the function entail
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be developing services for our End Users in the fields of science, research and education. You will contribute to developing DevOps and Agile culture within SURFsara.
You will pro-actively collaborate in the design and implementation of services running on platforms like Openstack, AWS, Kubernetes for both our internal users (eg. Developers Teams, Advisors) and end users.
What will you do exactly
- Actively participating in the ongoing process of re-designing our Cloud Services offerings;
- Writing Terraform Modules, Ansible Playbooks, Helm Charts, with a touch of Bash and Python;
- Designing CI/CD Pipelines (Gitlab) to deploy services on Openstack and Public Clouds (mostly AWS, and some Azure);
- Many Services run on Kubernetes, so you’ll spend time creating and troubleshooting deployments, and feeding back into the codebase your findings to improve the CI/CD overall Infrastructure as Code quality;
- Participate in Developers Sprint meetings representing the Ops of DevOps;
What we are asking
- You have a Bachelor's or a Master's in a technical discipline;
- You are familiar with DevOps and Git-centric approach, and willing to help and mentor others in adopting those methodologies;
- You’re comfortable in being responsible of the availability, performance and monitoring of services.
- You are curious about upcoming technologies; words like Docker and Kubernetes are part of your “normal” toolkit, however you’re very comfortable with the “basics” (aka Linux Skills).
- You have experience with a programming or scripting language, such as Python, and you feel at home with Configuration Management tools and Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, Terraform, etc.).
- You understand and appreciate the complexity of multi-tier IT environments, and have a functional grasp of concepts and definitions like: Frontend, Backend, Databases, Network Topologies, Identity Management, Security Groups, Firewalls, Services Meshes, Service Discovery, etc.
- You are service-oriented, solution-oriented and comfortable in a team where we share what we don’t know, we ask for help and guidance, we don’t hide mistakes, and we work hard to make each other happier and more productive.
- Previous experience with any Cloud Provider is strongly preferred, we can always fill in the gaps later on.
What we offer
- A varied working environment with many nationalities (working language English or Dutch)
- Freedom to experiment and innovate with new technologies.
- An open and relaxed (but focused) working atmosphere.
- An environment that values personal initiative.
- Our Services support Medical Sciences, Space Exploration and Computer Science for more than 100 Education and Research institutes, we offer a place where top priorities are determined by innovations in research.
Terms of employment
- A temporary contract until June 30, 2021. Extension of the contract is dependable on the outcomes of the SURF reorganisation;
- You will be appointed a full-time position;
- Salary ranking minimum € 3068,- and maximum € 4932,- gross per month depending on years of experience;
- 8% holiday allowance, a structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3%;
- 36 vacation days per year;
- A NS business card;
- Participation in the PNO Media pension fund.
Send your motivation letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about the position and application procedure, please contact Ivar Janmaat (email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information about working at SURF
- Employees about working at SURF
- More about the SURF-organization
- You must be able to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag/VOG) during your first month of employment.