More transparent service portfolio and fee structure
SURF's portfolio of services can and should be more transparent. Both in terms of composition and fee structure. We are working hard to achieve that so that a clear and logical service portfolio emerges.
Clear portfolio, clear fee structure
SURF originated from a number of operating companies, each of which maintained its own service portfolio. You can still see this today: the service portfolio could be clearer and many services have different fee structures. We are now 1SURF, and that includes one clear and logical portfolio, with a clear number of fee structures.
Giving shape and content to strategy
Together with the members, we are redefining the frameworks for the portfolio, the rates and the development of both existing and new portfolios. In this way, we give shape and content to SURF's strategy. This also involves clear governance with good interaction between the SURF organisation and the members.
What do we do?
We will achieve this in the following ways, among others:
- There will be a clear and appropriate portfolio based on SURF's Strategy and member needs, with appropriate pricing. Where necessary, we clean up the portfolio or introduce more structure.
- We create clear processes for development of new and existing services.
- We make future-proof financial arrangements.
- There will be annual planning for services and innovation that will be laid down in the budget and annual plan.
- Members will no longer be asked for additional contributions in the interim, unless they themselves deem it necessary.
- Members will have more involvement and direction, with a clear division of tasks between SPA, CSC chairs and Members' Council.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Femke van Manen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Towards more transparent SURF services
In 2020, we launched 1SURF. While all our services continued as usual, we set up a renewed organisation. As a first result, we delivered the SURF Strategy 2022-2027. Now, we are now delivering a number of service harmonisation projects, amongst which is the 'More transparent service portfolio and fee structure' project.