Our website downloads cookies to your computer - after your consent. Cookes make the site work properly and give us information that we use to improve your user experience. Third parties can download cookies too, via our website. In this cookie statement you can read about the types of cookies we use.
Allow cookies and delete cookies
When you first visit our website, you will see the message at the bottom of the window "SURF places functional cookies to make this website work properly. We also place analytical cookies to improve the website. Where possible, the data is anonymised. We place these cookies without your explicit consent.
We ask your permission to place third party cookies. Embedded content (such as YouTube videos) may contain third party cookies. By clicking "Accept", you consent to the placing of third party cookies.
You can delete the cookies via your browser settings. There you can also set the type of cookies that will be placed on your computer. Most cookies have an expiration date. This means that they expire automatically after a certain period of time and no longer record any information about your visit to the site. You can also choose to delete cookies manually via your browser settings.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Agreements with third parties about cookies
Types of cookies on surf.nl
Our website uses a number of functional cookies, which ensure that the website functions correctly:
- cookieconsent_status: necessary to store your cookie preferences and is valid for 12 months
Analytische en trackingcookies
SURF uses the open source statistics tool Matomo. This tool gives SURF insight into the way visitors use the website and makes it possible to improve it.
Matomo uses the following cookies on your computer:
- _pk_ref: This cookie tracks from which website you are visiting the SURF website. It is valid for 6 months.
- _ pk_cvar: This optional cookie is placed on your computer when, for example, you participate in a survey. The cookie prevents you from being asked to participate in the same survey a second time. This cookie is valid for 2 years.
- _pk_id: This cookie determines if you are a new or returning visitor. This cookie is valid for 2 years.
- _pk_ses: This cookie determines which pages you have visited on SURF.nl. The cookie is only valid during that specific visit.
Refuse Matomo cookies
Social media buttons
The social media buttons on surf.nl are links to the social networks concerned. They do not place any cookies.
Changes to the cookie statement
SURF reserves the right to make changes to this cookie statement. We recommend that you check this cookie statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes.
Please also read our privacy statement. There you can read how we handle your personal data, how we protect your data and what rights you have with regard to your data.
General contact details
3511 EP Utrecht
This cookie statement was last updated on 25 March 2018.