SURFmailfilterSURFmailfilter gives connected institutions an easy way of checking all their incoming and outgoing e-mail and filtering it for viruses, phishing and spam. SURFmailfilter detects at least 95% of spam. SURFmailfilter runs at SURFnet and is available for IPv4 and IPv6.
Filtering for viruses, phishing and spam
SURFmailfilter enables you to easily check all the institution's incoming and outgoing e-mail and to filter it for viruses, phishing and spam. This is done before the e-mail is delivered to your institution's e-mail server, or right after the e-mail is sent via your server. At least 95% of spam is detected this way. SURFmailfilter is available for IPv4 and IPv6.
You don't need your own spam filter anymore
SURFmailfilter is a centralised service that runs at SURFnet, meaning that connected institutions no longer need to run their own spam or virus filtering. The system also collects your incoming e-mail if your mail server is down temporarily.
Many setting options
You can set the filter properties per domain or subdomain via a web interface and decide what should be done with the filtered messages. You can also give staff and students the option of setting their own filtering rules, also via a web interface.
Who is SURFmailfilter for?
SURFmailfilter is available for all institutions that are connected to SURFnet and is used by ICT administrators.
- for institutions other than educational institutions and for institutions with 0 - 2,500 students: EUR 317 per month (excluding VAT);
- for educational institutions with 2,501 - 5,000 students: EUR 527 per month (excluding VAT);
- for educational institutions with more than 5.000 students: EUR 843 per month (excluding VAT).
Apply for SURFmailfilter
The institution's contact person can apply online for SURFmailfilter via SURFdashboard.
- Service description of SURFmailfilter (PDF, in Dutch)
- Flyer about SURFmailfilter (PDF)
- Manual SURFmailfilter (PDF, in Dutch)
- SURFmailfilter FAQ (in Dutch)
- Information on outgoing mail via SURFmailfilter (PDF, in Dutch)
This is an optional SURFnet service.