SURF Research Support Champion Awards
SURF organises the SURF Research Support Champion Awards every year. The awards will be presented during Research Day 2024 on 30 May. On this page you will find who you can nominate, the nomination form, the 'why' and the hall of fame.
Who will you nominate as Research Support Champion 2024?
SURF Research Support Champions are individuals who have shown remarkable commitment to supporting research at their institution. Nominate a colleague!
By research supporters we mean anyone who supports researchers in the field of research data management, ict and open science. In storing, managing, archiving and sharing their research data, but also with software development and advice on research applications. Think of data stewards, ict workers, librarians or research assistants.
Our jury will choose a winner in three sectors:
- Universities of Applied Sciences
- Umc's & research institutes
A total of three Research Support Champions will thus be declared.
Nominate a colleague!
Do you have a colleague you think deserves a prize because they are always available for questions about data management? Has developed a handy intranet page where everything for research can be found? Because this colleague explained to you the importance of FAIR data or speeds up your research by pointing you to handy tools? Is your colleague a warm advocate of open data, or has designed handy flyers?
Rules of the game:
- Anyone, regardless of position, may nominate one or more names. You can also nominate a colleague from another institution, or yourself!
- The champion is a person, so you cannot nominate a team.
- A jury will judge all nominations submitted. This assessment will take place on the basis of the answers given in this nomination form. So make sure your nomination is as complete as possible and add relevant links.
- All nominees will receive a message from SURF, as they must agree to their nomination.
The deadline for submitting a nomination is 29 March 2024.
Why the Research Support Champion Awards?
When conducting research, we are becoming increasingly dependent on information technology and all the software and hardware involved. Support in the areas of research data management, ICT and open science plays a major role in this, because good research cannot be achieved without good support.
SURF annually presents the Research Support Champion Awards to give innovators of research support a platform to increase their impact and reach, and to inspire others.