Date: 21 JAN 2016
A small group of universities in the Netherlands is now developing plans to implement ORCID within their institutions. On Thursday 21 January 2016, SURFacademy organised a seminar to broaden the knowledge about ORCID in the Netherlands and to disseminate the plans that the different pilot partners are pursing.
- 21 Jan 2016
- SURF, Utrecht
- Prior knowledge needed?
- Meeting type
What is it? And why do we need it? This seminar introduced the need for the switch to new author identifiers. University partners who are preparing to implement ORCiD presented their respective approaches. Finally, we discussed how to make smart use of our national service for authentication (SURFconext) in providing and storing ORCIDs.
- Intro SURFacademy ORCID (John Doove, SURFmarket)
- ORCID, how we operate in Europe (Josh Brown, ORCID)
- ORCID-NL Pilot Initiative (Clifford Tatum, SURFmarket)
- TU Delft Library - ORCID pilot project (Alenka Princic, TU Delft)
- ORCID & SURFconext (Niels van Dijk, SURFnet)
- Rationale and the benefits of adopting ORCID within the Dutch research infrastructure (Peter Verhaar, Leiden University)
- ORCID, the way to go (Henk van den Hoogen, Maastricht University)
Staff working on research support, research information and interested researchers.