PRACE workshop: Datamanagement with iRODS and Compute
Date: 06 SEP 2018
Data management has become an essential part of data-driven research. Do you want to learn how to work with data management framework iRODS and computational pipelines on HPC infrastructure? Sign up for this workshop.
- 06 Sep 2018
- SURFsara, Science Park Amsterdam
- Prior knowledge needed?
- Subject type
- Practical skills
- Meeting type
With the advance of new technologies, data volumes and number of files are constantly increasing. Addtionally, new regulations (e.g. GDPR) sets strict requirements on the storage and use of privacy sensitive data. Data management has therefore become an essential part of data-driven research.
In this course we will introduce how to efficiently manage data with the data management framework iRODS and to build computational pipelines on HPC infrastructure employing this data.
This event is for participants who are familiar with BASH-commando's and have knowledge of (at least) one programming language.
Topics in this course will include:
- Data Life Cycle and FAIR principles
- iRODS concepts - iRODS graphical user interface
- Labeling data and searching for data in iRODS
- Building a computational pipeline that draws on data managed in iRODS.
- Bring your own laptop (with a ssh-client installed) for the hands-on sessions!
- This training is organized by SURFsara as PRACE trainingscentre.