Research Data Handling
Date: 06 NOV 2017
Data handling is an integral part of every modern scientific research process. In this one-day hands-on workshop experts from SURFsara and the Netherlands eScience Center introduce basic data skills and services available within the Dutch National Digital Infrastructure.
- 06 Nov 2017
- SURF, Utrecht
- Prior knowledge needed?
- Subject type
- Practical skills
- Meeting type
You will learn:
- about the data services available to researchers in the Netherlands
- to use tools like tar, rsync and iRODS to organise and package data
- apply those tools in research practice, workflows and computational pipelines
- This workshop is targeted at scientific researchers (PhD students, postdocs, professors) from all academic disciplines.
- Programming skills are relevant, but not required.
- Practical information and materials will be made available before the workshop. Lunch and coffee are included.