eduID: 1 digital identity for students
Education digitalises and is becoming more and more flexible. Students want to shape their own educational career. This creates logistical and administrative challenges. Therefore SURF, together with the institutions, is developing eduID: one identity that students can use at any educational institution: before, during, and after their studies.
- user is in charge
- usable for life, even after graduation
- to be enriched with other education-related matters about student, institution, study
eduID enables you to
- identify and authorise students
- exchange student information or obtained results digitally
- simplify the registration process
- have a life-long view and control of one's own educational data
- gain insight in educational careers at the end of studies or offer services to alumni
Sign up for updates from the eduID project.
Read about eduID pilots
In the past 2 years we have gained a lot of experience with the Edubadges pilot and learned a lot about eduID. In 2020, a major pilot will be added, the student mobility pilot: registering for a course at another institution with 1 click.
SURF sees eduID as a precondition for meeting the challenges of greater flexibility in education and lifelong development. But what specifically does eduID offer institutions and students?