- control by the student himself
- usable for life, even after graduation
As an institution, what can you do with eduID?
- Identify and authorise students.
- Exchange student information or achieved results digitally, with the student's consent.
- Simplify the registration process for a course or minor at another institution.
- Give students lifelong visibility of their educational data.
- Identify and authorise external researchers.
Want an eduID?
Are you a student, guest lecturer, researcher or external advisor at an institution and want to create an eduID or log in to My eduID?
Read about eduID applications
SURF continues to work on new applications of eduID. For example, it is already possible for students to register with other institutions in one click (eduXchange), and to receive a digital certification per subject (edubadges).
Sign up for updates from the eduID project.