Overview of all your IT services and products in an online portal
My SURFmarket gives you a complete overview of your institution's portfolio of products and services. Our online portal gives you control and support for both operational processes and the management of contracts and licences. You can choose from a range of services in the areas of:
- cloud Services
- digital content (journals and scientific information resources). You purchase these directly through ConsortiaManager.
- open content services
Easy management of your portfolio
On our online platform you arrange things like:
- selecting products
- placing orders
- managing contracts and licenses
- optimizing your licenses
- reporting and management information
- authorizing colleagues
My SURFmarket: cooperation with institutions
In 2020, My SURFmarket was renewed. The new functionality is based on the wishes of the institutions. After a careful process involving many test sessions with institutions, the response has been positive:
- the website is now clearer and more conveniently arranged
- it is easier to find information
- it is easier to renew licences
Through SURF, the members combine their demand and jointly purchase IT hardware and software on the best possible terms. To this end, SURF enters into agreements with suppliers on behalf of the members, carries out tendering procedures, and makes arrangements about security and privacy via processor agreements. The approach taken by SURF is catching on. The Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs placed SURF in the top five most innovation-friendly (IT) purchasing organisations in the public sector.
On the portal, as on the website, you will find all the information you need about the three different procurement options available to SURF: tendering, model contracts, and the DAS (Dynamic Procurement System). The tender calendar enables you to see immediately which tenders are currently running and which will be launched in the future. Each current tender also has a detail page where you can read more about the scope, status, and phase of the project, among other things.
IT procurement metrics 2020
- In 2020, SURF managed contracts with more than 60 suppliers for its members and worked on 12 tenders
- Members procured more than 52 million euros worth of hardware and software through SURF in 2020
- The savings achieved are significant. For example, on the three largest contracts (Microsoft, Virtualization, and Adobe), members saved more than 70 million euros
In addition to purchasing IT, you can also contact SURF for the purchase of content. SURF concludes agreements with publishers on behalf of the university libraries' consortia. Via ConsortiaManager, researchers and students have access to academic journals and databases that they can use in their teaching and research.
Content procurement metrics 2020
- SURF manages 72 agreements with publishers
- By 2020, we will have concluded 2,129 subscriptions for 83 institutions
- The turnover from contracts managed by SURF is more than 42.3 million euros