One single point of contact for joint services that detect and prevent security incidents. Also, exchange knowledge more easily. The advantages of SURFsoc are:
- one point of contact for all your security affairs.
- consists of existing (and proven) unique SURF services.
- more and better knowledge exchange through cooperation between SURFcert and SIEM.
- improves your institution's information security.
SURFcert: 24/7 support for security incidents
- 24/7 support for security incidents in use cases
- Scanning and anticipation
- Sharing knowledge
- Alerting attacks 24/7
- Use case management
- Sharing knowledge with SURFcert
Services in development:
Scan and anticipate: OSINT & PANGA
Proactive Analysis towards Advanced Attacks (PANGA): examine how to anticipate threats.
Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) uses public sources of information to detect vulnerabilities within the SURF network.
Guard and intercept: DNS monitoring/filtering and IDS
SURF develops security services to intercept irregularities in the network more quickly and more effectively, such as DNS monitoring/filtering, and an Intrusion Detection System.
Working together in communities:
Read more about cybersecurity in de position paper or on SURF-communities: