Future Computing & Networking
We focus on understanding and assessing new computing paradigms, architectures and ideas for accelerating scientific workflows together with the scientific community.
Edge computing is changing the way in which computing power is deployed: from centralised to decentralised. How will this trend develop? And what is the connection with, for example, IoT?
Data Processing & Data Management Technologies
Everything revolves around data. How do we ensure that we can (continue to) process, analyse and (re)use data safely and securely? We pay attention to, among other things, federated data sharing and a digital data exchange.
About the Lab
SURF Lab experiments with new technologies and focuses on innovations for education and research. The focus is on challenges of the future (2-5 years ahead).
We enjoy co-creating with research and educational institutions and research communities. And we are happy to work with researchers, technology providers and the Netherlands eScience Center. Are you interested in working with us?
Team Open Innovation Lab
- Axel Berg: Innovation Manager Lab
- Sagar Dolas: Program Manager 'Future computing & networking'
- Erik Kentie: Program Manager 'Edge-oriented technologies'
- Mark Huijs: Program Manager 'Data processing & data management technologies'
- Matthieu Laneuville: Program Manager Artificial Intelligence
- Mark Cole: Manager Innovation Process & Collaboration lead
- Various project managers
- Engineers and specialists working for SURF
Objectives of the Lab
- Increase insight into the possible application of (new) technologies
- Intensify cooperation with research and education
- Share knowledge and insights gained and inspire