The IT directors and information managers of the mbo institutions are united in the CSC-mbo consultation.
The CSCs advise SURF's Executive Board about collaboration between sectors and about the match between supply and demand within the cooperative. They do this via the SPA representatives, CSC chairmen, and via their own directors. The CSC consultations also play an important role in the exchange of information between SURF and the member institutions.
The CSC-mbo consultation group has a chair and a vice-chair. Both advise the Executive Board of SURF, on behalf of their own sectors, on the structure of SURF governance, the Long-Term Agenda (MJA), and the Biennial Plan (2JP). The CSC chairmen also ratify the recommendations of the SURF Portfolio Advisory Committee (SPA).
The SURF Portfolio Advisory Committee (SPA) specifies the influence of the members (through the CSCs) on the composition and development of the SURF service portfolio. The SPA provides written recommendations to the CSC chairmen, who confirm these recommendations to the Executive Board. Each sector delegates two CSCs to the SPA.
The CSC-mbo consultation therefore only concerns the mbo sector. The SPA consultations and the CSC chairmen consultations are cross-sectoral: all five SURF sectors coordinate with one another.
The members of CSC-mbo are:
- Aeres - Rob Heij
- Albeda - Karel Rijkse
- Alfa-college - Rick van Borstelen
- Aventus - Roy Dusink, also Vice Chairman
- Christelijke Onderwijsgroep/ROC A12 - Henk Links
- CIBAP vakschool voor vormgeving - Dennis de Ruiter
- Da Vinci College - Vincent Severins
- Deltion College - Arjan Scheve
- Drenthe College - Rob Grit
- Friese Poort - Marcel 't Hart
- Friesland College - Foeke Hoekstra
- Gilde Opleidingen - Alexander Godschalk
- Graafschap College - Monique Mulders
- Graphic Lyceum Rotterdam - Paul Rehm
- Graphic Lyceum Utrecht - Koen Hillen
- Horizon College - Dave Houtenbos
- Koning Willem 1 College - Jorrit van der Heijden
- Hout- en Meubileringscollege - Peter Udo
- Landstede - Jacco Heikoop
- Lentiz Onderwijsgroep - Rene Bosman
- MBO Amersfoort - Arthur Wildenberg
- MBO Utrecht - Richard Geluk, also member of SPA
- MBO Rijnland - Jaco Opschoor
- Nimeto - Jelle van Baggem
- Noorderpoort - Martijn Broekhuizen
- Nova College - Ammar Al Barazi
- Onderwijsgroep Tilburg - Remi de Jong
- Regio College - Johan Holtrust
- ROC Midden-Nederland - Pepijn de Vette
- ROC Mondriaan - Marcel Kropmans
- ROC Nijmegen - Twan Jacobs
- ROC Rijn IJssel - Vincent van Hunnik
- ROC Rivor - Jelle Kaper
- ROC TOP - Wim Honig
- ROC van Amsterdam-Flevoland - Rene van den Berg, also Chairman
- ROC van Twente - Rick Ruumpol
- SintLucas - Erwin Huggers
- STC Group - Ton Hoppener
- Summa College - Jan-Willem Arnold, also member of SPA
- SVO vakinstelling food - Adriaan Noteboom
- Vista College - Leon Sprooten
- Vonk - Danny van Gelder
- Yuverta - Arro Hartman
- Zadkine - Ronald Zeelenberg
Martijn Timmer (director of MBO Digitaal) and Martine Kramer (Kennisnet) also participate as listeners.
The following four institutions for senior secondary vocational education are not members of the cooperative but do purchase services from SURF:
- Onderwijsgroep Noord (AOC Terra)
- ROC ter Aa
- Zone College
Strategic agenda of the CSC-mbo
In the CSC-mbo, both executive and strategic topics are discussed and, if necessary, concrete agreements are made. For important themes, one or two CSCs act as a linking pin, with the mandate to speak on behalf of all the CSCs in the sector.
As with other educational institutions, digitisation is crucial within the mbo-sector.
The CSCs are closely involved in education and business operations within the mbo institutions. This is also part of their role as CSCs. The following strategic priorities have been set on the basis of that role; they are included in SURF's 2-year plan for 2021-2022:
|Lifelong development||Also known as making education more flexible. The MBO thinks and works on the basis of the Strategic Agenda for Digitisation in the MBO 2018-2022 and the MBO Council's programme "Tackling Digitisation". SURF contributed to drawing up the agenda and shares knowledge on a number of the programme's themes where there are substantive links with higher education.|
|IT infrastructure||The mbo is keen to participate in and develop SURF's IT infrastructure services.|
Mbo need to be aware of the procurement agenda in good time and to be able to get involved later in the process, to be able to participate in tender procedures at a later date (or at the end of them).
Structure of the consultations
The CSC-mbo meets five times a year. A member of the Executive Board of SURF attends these meetings by invitation. The CSC mbo is supported by the mbo Adviser and a secretary from SURF.
The chairmen meet periodically with the chairmen of other sectoral CSC consultations (CSC-wo, CSC-hbo and CSC-Research, UMC) and with the Executive Board of SURF.
The CSC-Mbo maintains structural contacts with, among others:
- MBO Digitaal
- FSR as purchasing platform of the MBO Council (MBO Raad)
The position of mbo within the SURF cooperative
In 2014, the MBO Council took a seat on the Members' Council of the SURF cooperative to give shape to administrative participation and supervision from the mbo-sector. In doing so, the individual MBO institutions decided to become members of the SURF cooperative.
When they joined the cooperative in 2014, it was agreed that the institutions would be able to use SURF's services, exercise influence on the development of existing and new services, and take the initiative to develop new services. It is also possible to participate in SURF conferences, seminars, training sessions, and workshops.
However, the mbo sector is not entitled to the innovation funds that the higher education sector allocates to SURF. In the mbo sector, MBO Digitaal and Kennisnet provide sectoral support for educational innovation with IT. The financial resources for this are partly raised by the members of MBO Digitaal themselves or raised through project subsidies from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science. Kennisnet receives the regular basic grant from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science for its efforts.