Workshop on Cloud Services for Synchronisation and Sharing (CS3)
from 30 JAN 2017 until 01 FEB 2017
Cloud services capable to synchronise, share and interact with growing data volumes are becoming the keystones of new ways to do research. Register now for the 3rd CS3 Workshop at the CWI at Amsterdam Science Park from 30 January until 1 February 2017 to review the state-of-the-art about cloud services with key actors in an international community.
- 30 Jan 2017
- 120,- euro ex VAT. (Early Bird ticket until 31 Dec 2016: 100,- ex VAT)
- Prior knowledge needed?
- Meeting type
From January 30, 2016 until February 1, 2017, CERN, AARnet, ETH and SURFsara organise the 'Workshop on Cloud Services for Synchronisation and Sharing'. This is the third in a series of workshops about sync-and-share solutions that started at CERN 2 years ago. Resource providers, vendors and users of sync-and-share solutions meet to exchange knowledge and experiences and to present roadmaps and current and future developments. Apart from this there are presentations about storage solutions and scientific workflows using sync-and-share solutions and new services built on top of sync-and-share services.
There will be a keynote presentation from Peter Boros of Dropbox with the title "Metadata at Dropbox: a look at dropbox’s transactional databases".
The target audience includes users in research, service providers and developers of technological solutions. As in the past, the conference will maximise the opportunity to liaise with key actors of the community.
More information and registration
Please visit the website of the Workshop on Cloud Services for Synchronisation and Sharing for more information and registration.
Monday 30 January
- 9.00 Welcome and coffee
- 10.00 Introduction and keynote by Peter Boros (Dropbox)
- 12.00 Lunch break
- 13.30 Projects & Collaborations (Open Cloud Mesh, Up2U, ...)
- 15:00 Coffee break
- 15:30 Technology and research: Software solutions
Presentation from software providers (vendors).
- open-source sync and share software stack
- main features relevant to scientific communities
- support for scientific and engineering use-cases
- 17.00 End of program
- 18.30 Reception
Tuesday 31 January
- 9.30 Technology and research
- algorithms and protocols for file sync and sharing
- data integrity, reliability
- conflict resolution
- federation of cloud and grid services
- integration with data management and transfer services
- mobile access to data
- 10.50 Coffee break
- 11.15 Applications and users
- end-user expectations and experience
- file sync and share in scientific and engineering environments
- integration with data analysis workflows
- higher-level services based on sync and share
- 12.45 Lunch break
- 14.00 Operations & Site reports
Goal: audience should get a complete and up-to-date picture what services are being currently deployed (or planned for) across the community
- deployment of a dropbox-like service in your institution
- current service status or plans
- operational experience: main issues and concern
- user feedback
- 15.30 Coffee break
- 16.00 Operations & Site reports II
- 17.30 End of day
Wednesday 1 February
- 9.00 Summary and discussion
- 10.30 Coffee break
- 11.00 Summary and discussion
- 12.15 Lunch break
- 13.15 Summary and discussion
- 17.30 End of program
If you have any questions, please contact Ron Trompert, firstname.lastname@example.org.