Pica Foundation (Stichting Pica)
The Pica Foundation promotes and stimulates the provision of scientific and public information in the Netherlands. It does this by subsidising projects and activities that transcend the interests of individual libraries and promote cooperation among libraries. These projects should strengthen the role of the library in the information chain.
Applying for a subsidy for projects
Public, scientific and special libraries can apply for a subsidy from the Pica Foundation for projects that fall within the scope of the Pica Foundation. More information can be found in the following documents:
- Stichting Pica aanvragen en toewijzen van subsidie (pdf- Dutch only)
- subsidy conditions (pdf- Dutch only)
- Subsidievoorwaarden Pica (pdf- Dutch only)
The Board of Pica assesses the applications and decides on the granting of a subsidy. The Board convenes twice a year: in April and in October. You can submit your application (at the latest 1 April or 1 October) to the secretary via email@example.com.
Board of the Pica Foundation
The Board of the Pica Foundation consists of nine members. The Board members are appointed partly by Coöperatie SURF U.A. and partly by the Pica Foundation itself (on the recommendation of the UKB and the VOB).
On April 1 2020, the Board consists of the following members:
- Anton Pijpers, Chairman of the Pica Foundation (Vice-Chairman of the Executive Board of Utrecht University)
- Lily Knibbeler (Director KB)
- Peter Kok (Director Library Midden-Brabant)
- Hans Nederhof (Member of the Board of Directors of Fontys University Colleges)
- Margot Nicolaes (Director DOK Delft)
- Marjolein Nieboer (Director UB Groningen)
- Ton van Vlimmeren (Director of the Utrecht Library)
- Martijn Ridderbos (Member of the Executive Board of Leiden University)
- Corno Vromans (Director of Library and IT Service, Tilburg University)
Monique Boer (Executive Secretary of SURF) is the official secretary of the board of the Pica Foundation.
3501 DA Utrecht
Hoog Overborch Office Building (Hoog Catharijne)
3511 EP Utrecht
Telephone: +31 88 787 30 00
Chamber of Commerce no.: 41154006