Councillors of the Scientific Technical Council
The WTR consists of recognised independent authorities, appointed in a personal capacity. The appointment is always for a term of 3 years with a maximum of 3 terms.
- Appointed for a 2nd term. Ends 08 December 2024.
Prof E.W. Berghout
- Professor of Computer Science, Information Systems, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Groningen.
- Specialism: Information management, IT Governance, New Business Models, Big Data Implementations, IT Auditing and Security.
- Appointed for a 2nd term. Ends on 9 October 2025.
Dr Nynke Bos
- Lecturer in Teaching, Learning and Technology at Inholland University of Applied Sciences and Academic Dean, Master Learning & Innovation.
- Appointed for a 1st term ending 14 June 2026
Dr Paola Grosso
- Associate professor in the Computer Science Institute of the University of Amsterdam, Leader of the Multiscale Networked System (MNS) research group, director of the Graduate School of Informatics.
- Specialism: Future Internet, Programmable Networks.
- Appointed for a 1st term. Ends 07 April 2024.
Prof Lynda Hardman
- Manager Research & Strategy at the Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI). Part-time professor in Multimedia Discourse Interaction at Utrecht University, Chairman of the management team of Amsterdam Data Science, European Director of LIAMA.
- Specialism: human information interaction, information visualisation, semantic web, topic-based litarature exploration.
- Appointed for a 1st term. Ends 09 June 2024.
Dr Andrea Klaeijsen
- Practor Personalised Learning, VISTA college
- Specialism: personalised learning and flexible education, knowledge infrastructure in mbo
- Appointed for a 1st term. Ends 09 June 2024
Dr M. Kleppe
- Head of research at the Royal Library.
- Specialism: Digital research infrastructure for the humanities, digital heritage, access to digital archives using AI.
- Appointed for a 2nd term. Ends 14 June 2026.
Prof. A.R. Lodder
- Professor of Internet Governance and Regulation.
- Specialism: law and the internet, including privacy, security, liability, contracting, freedom of expression, cybercrime; and phenomena related to algorithms, social media, cyberwar, smart devices and apps.
- Appointed for a 2nd term. Ending 14 June 2026.
Prof P.R. Luijten
- Professor of Functional Medical Imaging at UMC Utrecht and director of the UMC Utrecht Center for Image Sciences, Chief Scientific Officer of the Center for Translational Molecular Medicine.
- Appointed for a 2nd term. Ending on 13 June 2025.
Prof H.J. Sips
- Professor (former chair, emeritus) in Distributed Systems, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Delft University of Technology.
- Specialism: parallel computing architectures, parallel programming, mobile computing and distributed systems.
- Appointed for a 3rd term. Ends on 31 December 2023.
Prof Marcus Specht
- Professor of Digital Education at TU Delft and director of the Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Centre for Education and Learning. He is further leader of the 4TU Centre for Engineering Education and member of the board of directors.
- Appointed for a 1st term, ending 14 June 2026.
Prof E.A. Valentijn
- Associate professor of Astronomical Information Technology, University of Groningen, head of OmegaCEN, Target coordinator.
- Specialism: (Big) data management, information technology and public-private partnerships for healthcare, digital heritage and search technology, among others.
- Appointed for a 3rd term. Ends 08 December 2024.