Secondary location accessibility: connect to other locations
In addition to your primary location, you can also easily connect other locations of your institution to the SURFnet network. SURF will then create a point of presence (PoP) at these secondary locations.
SURFnet services at secondary locations
Alongside an existing basic connection at your institution's primary location, SURFnet services can also be provided at other secondary locations. To do so, SURF sets up a PoP at the secondary location, including active SURF equipment and optical fibres. There are two types of secondary location connections:
- Inter-City: the secondary location lies in the Netherlands but outside the municipal borders of the primary location.
- Inner-City: the secondary location lies in the Netherlands inside the municipal borders of the primary location.
SURFnet services in data centres
SURFnet services can also be provided in data centres. This solution allows your institution to locate its infrastructure in a data centre, while the infrastructure remains optimally connected to the institutional network. To do this, SURF sets up a PoP in a data centre. In principle, a connection could be set up in every data centre in the Netherlands.
New secondary location connections
Rates for new secondary locations connections in 2019 are on request. Contact your SURFnet advisor.
Secondary locations connected before 2019
Amounts quoted are per month, exclusive of VAT.
- Inter-City: EUR 2,005 (minimum 4 year contract period; after 4 years, the rate falls by 50%)
- Inner-City: EUR 1,003 (minimum 4 year contract period; after 4 years, the rate falls by 50%)
- Data centre: EUR 1,225 (minimum 3 year contract period)
Are you interested in this service. Contact SURFnet Customer Support at email@example.com.
This is an optional SURF service.